Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

Discus and support Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking assistance with an issue that arose after resetting my Windows 11 PC,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kayden-Zy, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Kayden-Zy
    Kayden-Zy Guest

Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

Hi Microsoft Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking assistance with an issue that arose after resetting my Windows 11 PC, utilizing the "keep personal data" option.

Problem Summary: After the reset, the Xbox app no longer recognizes my games library on the D: drive (not the main drive where the OS is installed). The app fails to detect and display games from the D: drive without displaying a specific error message. Xbox is defaulting trying to go to my C: drive Xbox games (nothing is installed there), and ill change the default installation location to my D: drive in Xbox app settings, but still apps don't appear.

System Information:

• Operating System: Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 22H2
    • Xbox App Version: 2311.1001.7.0
    • Gaming Services: 17.83.17004.0
    • Game Bar: 6.123.11012.0
    • D: Drive Storage: 2.72 TB Capacity (1.2 TB Free after storage); Xbox games library is using 258 GB.
    Steps Taken So Far:

1. Closed and reopened the Xbox app.
    2. Checked for updates in the Microsoft Store.
    3. Verified games are still installed on the D: drive via File Explorer.
    4. Restarted the PC.
    Screenshots:

1. Xbox App: https://i.imgur.com/YfVd44C.png

Xbox App Library: https://i.imgur.com/97NQ2yf.png

Xbox Library Folder: https://i.imgur.com/CWe5qnf.png
    I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to any guidance or solutions you can provide.

Thank you,

Kayden

:)

Kayden-Zy, Nov 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Kayden-Zy,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'd like to let you know that with the Insider build, you are aware of the possibility of unexpected problems because it is not a full version yet. It's an unstable beta version, so it contains bugs and glitches. Therefore, unexpected hiccups may occur. We recommend that you submit the report directly to the Windows Insider team. This way, they can review your submission and will help you continually improve your experience with your product. Kindly follow the steps in this link: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Kayden-Zy,

We appreciate you sharing this with us and for carefully documenting the steps you took to address the issue and the outcomes. Our development team has to look into this matter more, in my opinion. Please report your case to Xbox Feedback so that we can work with you to remedy this problem. You can provide the Xbox development team with feedback and suggestions through the Xbox Feedback portal. By submitting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll contribute in our ability to rapidly investigate and resolve the issue.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  4. Kayden-Zy Win User

This should have nothing to do with windows insider. I got it fixed (turns out i could literally just install it this whole time,) but now there is an issue with a certain game. Microsoft Flight Simulator (2023), first I get a COM surrogate (Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item) and it led to the Windows app directory install of MSFS (GameLaunchhelper.exe specifically), then I get a warning on the Xbox app itself stating: Microsoft Flight Simulator couldn't launch. Something went wrong, please try again or click on the error code to learn more.

0x800704c7

Yet when I go towards your website, and look for the code... It magically DOESN'T exist. Meaning you guys have never had this problem before, or never bothered to create a tutorial on how to fix it. So, what do I do. (This seems to only be for MSFS right now, all other games seem to be fine ATM)
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

msfs installation from DVD

Do you need to update the game via the Microsoft store after installation. At this point buying the disc version has absolutely no point on PC, as you will have to download just as much data to just update the game.

Open the Xbox app, or search for it on your hard drive. Go to the library and the game should be there
  6. Harry Nosha Win User

Can't sign into xbox live

Hey, I've fixed it! However I did have to go to recovery and reset my entire PC ;/

When restarting it kept all of my files in my Hard Drive which contains most of my games and apps so it was possibly something in my C drive.
Thema:

1. Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data) - Similar Threads - Fix App Recognizing

2. how do i fix the No Applicable App Licenses Found Error?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i fix the No Applicable App Licenses Found Error?: i try to open Minecraft java and i get this error but i can open the windows version just fine I'm confused please help. 9a4b8288-7917-4c36-a90a-e26826059559
  3. How do you fix the console not showing in the PC app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix the console not showing in the PC app?: How do you fix the console not showing in the PC app? Worked last week, now not showing nay option to connect to the console e5be635d-55fe-4725-b98c-68c042a988de
  4. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  5. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  6. My Xbox App won't load. What do I do to fix it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox App won't load. What do I do to fix it??: So I tried resetting the data, uninstalling, that powershell stuff, everything I saw around the internet, but nothing works. My Xbox app just opens on the black screen with non-pulsating Xbox...
  7. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  8. Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?: Hi, I've been trying to install the Minecraft Launcher for a while now, but every time I try, the install button is just greyed out. If I wait for around 5 minutes, it takes me to the "We'll...
  9. How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...: I have tried everything shared on youtube and searched on google like. updating repairing reseting troubleshooting virus scans even uninstalling then reinstalling...
  10. How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?: Ever since I got the latest update, I haven't been able to talk or listen to my friends in a party. I have been both repairing and resetting both the game bar and the Xbox app, and nothing has...