Fix for sound bug and frame stutters (in game racing only)

Discus and support Fix for sound bug and frame stutters (in game racing only) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Like many of you Forza aficionados out there, I've been playing and enjoying the game massively. However, I wish we didn't have to deal with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Speed Demon996, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Fix for sound bug and frame stutters (in game racing only)

Hi,

Like many of you Forza aficionados out there, I've been playing and enjoying the game massively.

However, I wish we didn't have to deal with the crackling/radio-like static sound bug that pops up now and then, or the occasional frame stutters.

I understand doing a power cycle/hard reset resolves the issue. Someone on the Forza.net forums even recommended clearing up Persistent Storage at least thrice, along with the alternate MAC address in the advanced network settings.

So far, I've only been doing the hard reset thing to get rid of the static sound/pops audio bug. But how do I get rid of the frame hiccups permanently? The screen just pauses for a split second. I guess some notice it less, some not at all. But I'm definitely
    noticing it. The other day, my race at Lemans got ruined as I was sliding around and fighting for control when a screen stutter threw me off and I ended up in the gravel.

It seems as if it's a frame buffer issue, or maybe not enough RAM or HDD speed issues that are causing these occasional and random frame hiccups.

Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks for reading.

:)

Speed Demon996, Apr 14, 2015
  2. Clancey123
    Clancey123 Guest
    Fix for Frame Rate Stuttering?

Has anyone discovered a fix or something that helps the frame rate / audio stuttering for MGS 5? I have the problem where the frame rate stutters, audio glitches, and there is a loss of player control.

Clancey123, Apr 14, 2015
  3. RYSE Son Of Rome STUTTER

This might be the only game so far that I didn't notice any frame drops or stutters.

Or maybe I just can't remember them because the game was so AWESOME!

DigitalAssassin, Apr 14, 2015
  4. ML Hurricane23 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 low fps despite high end pc.

I have an i5-6600K, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM. I had a ton of stuttering and 100% CPU usage on low, medium, and high settings. It was unplayable. But, I sort of found a temporary fix. After messing around with the game for a while, I realized that the stuttering
    happens when I am playing the game in full screen. I switched to windowed mode and it got slightly better but there were still some stutters. Then I discovered if the game window is not in focus, my frame rate skyrockets. So, it does not seem to be a hardware
    problem, but possibly a bug in the game.
  5. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

Graveyard Keeper save data.

Yeah, I'm sure the save corruptions were fixed in one of the patches. Just frames and stuttering here also.
  6. AlbinoSnowcat Win User

Fix for Frame Rate Stuttering?

Bump for more information. I've put up with this since launch and would like a fix. Its greatly reduced my enjoyment of this game.
  7. Majikthise Win User

Suggestions and requests

Looks to me like hot fixes are comming out fast. I now have working surround sound in race in Forza. Hopefully more bug fixes are on the way.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Does my tv affect FPS stability on Xbox series s?

Hi,

Only if your TV is a newer HDMI 2.1 set with VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) support. VRR smooths out the frames when they drop below a certain fixed rate. Without VRR, a game that is 60fps but can't quite reach its target will create duplicate frames every time it drops below 60. This will have an on-screen look of a stutter or judder, plus a quite obvious screen tear. VRR all but eliminates this.

Games that are designed to support 120Hz (120 fps) massively benefit from VRR as many 120Hz games can't quite reach the full 120fps which again results in duplicate frames, stutter and screen tear.

Variable Refresh Rate only works on TV's with HDMI 2.1 support and PC monitors that include AMD 'FreeSync' technology.
Thema:

Fix for sound bug and frame stutters (in game racing only)

1. Fix for sound bug and frame stutters (in game racing only) - Similar Threads - Fix sound bug

2. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  3. How to fix game and sound lagging

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix game and sound lagging: I have reinstalled one of the games and no fix, still doesn’t play. 4a69728b-1923-4df4-bc68-ce4f05f39711
  4. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?: Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is...
  5. How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?: I was playing Black Ops 1 with friends and I pull out the disc and when I try to put in a new disc after a few hours, it then sounds like a drill being spun. I don't know what to do and my friends...
  6. How to fix razer kaira sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix razer kaira sound issues: turned my Razer kaira headset on today, and instead of making a sort of nice toned beep noise, it makes an unpleasant sort of bass boosted one, ive tried to change volume levels and stuff, any...
  7. Why do I sound like a robot on Xbox games but no other games and how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I sound like a robot on Xbox games but no other games and how do I fix it?: It won’t fix I tried a lot of things and I still sound like a robot please help me it’s not just my mic. 57f4455c-d38d-4ec5-b001-538da908d28b
  8. How to fix Xbox wired stereo headsets that no sound through them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix Xbox wired stereo headsets that no sound through them?: I just bought Xbox wired stereo headsets but eventually turned out that my headsets doesn't give any sound, the sound only comes from my monitor! . I tired to attach it to my labtop and ps4 and it...
  9. Audio Bug (No sound for games only dashboard) fix!!

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Bug (No sound for games only dashboard) fix!!: There has been an ongoing Bug where either in-game audio or dashboard audio is not working (plays no sound). This is a Bug with HDR10, and disabling HDR10 in the settings will fix the sound issue....
  10. I can't trim clips nor does my clips have sound, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't trim clips nor does my clips have sound, how do I fix this?: I can't trim clips nor do the clips have sound, haw do I fix this? The preview (a) and save (x) when I'm editing are greyed out so I can't edit and save the clip....