Fix for Gaming Services please

Discus and support Fix for Gaming Services please in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My PC games (bought via MS store/xbox app) wont install or update, they get to 100% then hit an error message. Gaming Services seems to be the issue,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OnexWingxAngelx, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Fix for Gaming Services please

My PC games (bought via MS store/xbox app) wont install or update, they get to 100% then hit an error message. Gaming Services seems to be the issue, however i can't seem to fix GS via the Add/remove Programs settings options, reseting just gives me an error message of: 'We couldn't reset this app. Try again in a bit'. I can't seem to update/remove or reinstall GS, even with the PowerShell code ran as an admin (Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers) i seem to get a variety of error messages, but this is the one i've got now:

remove-AppxPackage : Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

At line:1 char:44

+ ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Fix for Gaming Services please :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.Remove

AppxPackageCommand

I've tried going into the MS store and redownloading it, but the store page for GS is very blank (see below snip), i dont see an option to download it...

Fix for Gaming Services please [​IMG]

I even tried removing the store to see if that helps in any way, but nope got an error message trying to reset or uninstall (via a powershell code) that as well.

I've also tried using MediaCreation tool as well for a fix... I'm not even sure what it was meant to do (reset my set up or something like that? idek) but that, again hits an error message and didn't work....

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me insane,... i've spent money on games I now can't play... I notice a lot of people seem to have issues with GS, why havne't MS sorted it out?

TYSM.

:)

OnexWingxAngelx, Sep 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi OnexWingxAngelx,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. bowski477 Win User

Please fix the service alert!

Unfortunately there is no further explanation other than what is listed on the service alert page.
  4. Michael bat99 Win User

Gaming services is disabled and can't be enabled

My gaming services is disabled and I can't enable it plus when I try to uninstall it won't let me and I get an error but trying to fix that error doesn't help because it only doesn't work for the gaming services and everything else is fine

Please fix gaming services
    I also have tried almost all recommended methods of fixes
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator Won't start/load

Hi, in this case please proceed with the other options.
    Option F or G should restore gaming services (and fix the problem with flight sim)
  6. Kikoo123 Win User

Windows phone 7 and 8 achievements not syncing

Microsoft please fix your back end, this is a service issue
Thema:

1. Fix for Gaming Services please - Similar Threads - Fix Gaming Services

2. Gaming Services will not download no matter what I do. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Services will not download no matter what I do. How do I fix this?: Due to my computer being new, it hasn't been downloaded onto my PC before and therefore can't be uninstalled first so using Shell and those commands do nothing. I've done everything that has been...
  3. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  4. Gaming services doesn't work pls fix.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services doesn't work pls fix.: Gaming services doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it three times. When i go into services and try to start gaming services it says: "Error 1060: The specified service does not...
  5. How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.: All of a sudden a few days ago, my Game pass PC has stopped working. The Xbox App claims that Gaming Services is not installed, but every time I try to Powershell and remove the Gaming Services...
  6. How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?: I purchased the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion and attempted to install it. There was plenty of space on the machine but the installation got hung up. After a bit of innocent...
  7. How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?: So recently I encountered a problem on the xbox app that wouldn't let me see nor download any games at all, so I did my "research" and found that the problem was the gaming services. I tried...
  8. How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?: I have been using my PC for over a year now. I have had no issues with anything up until 2 days ago when I decided I wanted to play Stardew Valley. I clicked install and started watching YouTube....
  9. How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?: I'm unable to install games on the xbox app on PC (windows 10). "Gaming services failed with error code: 0x8007007e." I've tried everything listed on the support page and nothing has fixed the...
  10. How do I fix "gaming services needs to be downloaded"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "gaming services needs to be downloaded"?: I keep getting the error that I need to install gaming services to play games on the Xbox app on my computer. I have gone through the step on the official Xbox website several times of force...