Fix double gamertags and use only one on Xbox One

Discus and support Fix double gamertags and use only one on Xbox One in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; [img] Hello, Microsoft staff. My original, old gamertag on Xbox Live was BlednyBerkut . About one week ago, I have changed it to ToksooplasmaG (new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Karkolju, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Karkolju
    Karkolju Guest

Fix double gamertags and use only one on Xbox One [​IMG]
    Hello, Microsoft staff. My original, old gamertag on Xbox Live was BlednyBerkut . About one week ago, I have changed it to ToksooplasmaG (new gamertag) from my Xbox 360. The change was registered completely on my Xbox 360 and 360 games and my gamertag shows solely as ToksooplasmaG , however the same is not true for Xbox One.

Now there is an issue: I now have double gamertags (two gamertags) on my Xbox One profile: my old gamertag BlednyBerkut , and my new, desired gamertag ToksooplasmaG . On my Xbox 360, 360 games and all Xbox One games, the proper new gamertag ToksooplasmaG is showing up as desired, but on my Xbox One profile, the old BlednyBerkut gamertag is showing as the main gamertag, and my new one ToksooplasmaG is showing as the secondary one, basically there are now 2 gamertags on my Xbox One profile. How may I fix this issue: completely getting rid of the old BlednyBerkut gamertag on my Xbox One, and having ToksooplasmaG show up as the sole gamertag? Thank you, I will wait for your reply.

:)

Karkolju, Aug 1, 2023
  2. Jeremy Grey Win User

Hello Karkolju, thank you for reaching out.

Im sorry to see/hear the issue you are having with your dual gamertags.

These issues usually can take up to a full week to fully change the name.

There are however some steps you can take now.

To resolve the issue of having two gamertags on your Xbox One profile, you can try the following steps:

1. **Sign Out and Sign In Again**: Sometimes, a simple sign-out and sign-in can help refresh your profile information and resolve gamertag display issues. Try signing out of your Xbox One profile and then signing back in with your current gamertag (ToksooplasmaG).

2. **Clear Persistent Storage**: Clearing the persistent storage can also help refresh your profile information. To do this, follow these steps:
    - Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    - Go to "Profile & system" (the user icon) and select "Settings" (gear icon).
    - Under "Settings," go to "System," and then choose "Storage."
    - Highlight "Clear Persistent Storage" and confirm the action.
    - Restart your Xbox One.

3. **Check Xbox Live Status**: Ensure that Xbox Live is running normally and there are no service outages or issues. Sometimes, problems with Xbox Live can cause gamertag display issues.

4. **Contact Xbox Support**: If the issue persists, and the old gamertag continues to show up as the main gamertag on your Xbox One, it's best to get in touch with Xbox Support directly. They can access your account details and help you resolve the problem.

To contact Xbox Support, you can visit the official Xbox support website or get in touch with them via their official social media channels for assistance.

Here is that link:

support.microsoft.com

Regards,
  3. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  4. Mister Cizl Win User

Won't let me recover my account

Hey SlateDegree1503! Gamertags are attached to one Microsoft Account only. Do you have another email address that you used for the original account, possibly a different email provider (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo)? Double check and let me know!
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Succes perdu [Translation-lost success]

Hello there,

Are you using the same gamertag on your Xbox one that you used on Xbox 360? If you are, double check on our achievements site to see if your achievements show up :
    TrueAchievements - Xbox Achievement Tracking
Thema:

1. Fix double gamertags and use only one on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Fix double gamertags

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  6. Double inputting is there a fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double inputting is there a fix: So awhile back I had a xbox series controller. It worked fine for awhile then it started double inputting all buttons/ sticks. And the right stick had stick drift. I thought it was broken, and so...
  7. How do I fix the double Nat detection on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the double Nat detection on console: Got this new internet andi can't play cod and went to the connection settings and it say to come to this website but I'm confused need help like bad 89039808-293b-4f63-be21-4eb18663b864
  8. How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?: I’ve been having serious connection issues with my Xbox series X for the past month or so. Lately it’s been either a Double NAT or it says that it cannot find the “Tereso IP address.” Not sure why...
  9. When does Windows/Xbox plan to fix the LB/RB double click bug on their $200 Elite Series 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When does Windows/Xbox plan to fix the LB/RB double click bug on their $200 Elite Series 2...: When does Windows/Xbox plan to fix the LB/RB double click bug on their $200 Elite Series 2 controller? LB/RB is used for swapping weapons and dropping items in so many games... I'm tired of...
  10. How to fix double nat. My internet provider can’t fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix double nat. My internet provider can’t fix it?: My internet provider has been here tons of times and reset or swapped the router. But they don’t know how to fix me from having double nat. I can’t download and dlc or play with my friends....