First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

Discus and support First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anonymous_391, Jul 30, 2023.

1. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games.

:)

Anonymous_391, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't disconnect for any other device.

Hello!

Hope you are well. I'll be glad to help you, just remember that you're not talking to a Microsoft employee.

WiFi and 5G are two different wireless standards. 5G is related to cell phones.

If you are referring to the 5GHz band, please check if the same thing happens to you on the 2.4GHz band and also test if it happens to you using another network, for example, a mobile hotspot.

Also try to perform a cache clear with the following steps, this could help.

Remove your account from the console

1. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Xbox until the console turns off.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your Xbox.

3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press the Power button on your Xbox to turn it back on.

5. Your cache should be clear at this point.

Log back in with the account.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Check the forum or just google "XBOX Series X disconnects from wifi". Tons of threads here and on reddit since the launch.

An example.
  4. IAhmed Win User

Game streaming hasn't worked for past month

I have Xbox plugged into Ethernet on router and surface pro 3 on 5g WiFi in same room with Xbox and was still getting disconnections. No one else was using the WiFi and was still happening.
  5. JustinBollay Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

I keep having the same issue with the series x wifi just turns off and is unable to find any network at all. I have to restart the series x and it's good for about 5 to 10 minutes then does it all over again its very frustrating
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

Hello there @JakeSchulz, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

1. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't... - Similar Threads - generation Series keeps

2. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  3. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  4. How to switch versions on dual generational games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to switch versions on dual generational games: I own the disc version of EAFC 24 and on the cover it has that you can play on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. All my friends play on the Xbox One version while I’m on the Series X version. When I go...
  5. forza horizon 5 access to user generated content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 access to user generated content: Hi my name is Guy and in forza horizon 5 i cant access to the eventlab. its say "access to user generated content is restricted" can any 1 help me fix it? 45e6aaa3-ba75-4199-a3ad-8e976df212a4
  6. Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?: When i launch Generation Zero it asks me to sign in into xbox live, which i click. however it comes up with a error saying we can't sign into xbox live, i have tried uninstalling the game, the...
  7. Sonic generations series x text glitched.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations series x text glitched.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present....
  8. Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present. This happens...
  9. Sonic Generations on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic Generations on Xbox Series X?: I recently got an Xbox Series X and installed the backwards compatible Sonic Generations. After playing for a few minutes i noticed that it showed some wrong graphics while starting a level. When...
  10. Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode: Hi all! I’m sorry in advance for any dumb questions I’ve been posting - I’m new to this generation of Xbox as my last console was the 360. Sometimes, when I am not using my console for a while,...