Finally picked up the xbox one

Discus and support Finally picked up the xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One of the first things I noticed to be honest. Xbox much quieter. Well just played some titanfall, a fun enough game from the get go. Not sure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IrksomeKAS 07, Apr 14, 2014.

  1. Finally picked up the xbox one


    One of the first things I noticed to be honest. Xbox much quieter.

    Well just played some titanfall, a fun enough game from the get go. Not sure whether it will hold my attention in the long run, but it's a fast paced easy to play game which is never a bad thing. Seems to play quite well so thats good
     
    IrksomeKAS 07, Apr 14, 2014
    #16
  2. Hey there Irksome Finally picked up the xbox one :D

    Congrats on the purchase. Its an awesome console and I am sure you will enjoy loads of moments on it. Feel free to whack me a FR over if you like. No big deal if you don't want to, just though I would extend the offer Finally picked up the xbox one :)

    It's always good to have more buddys to blast apart!
     
    Mark Sherwood, Apr 15, 2014
    #17
  3. Just to elaborate on the 'shutting down apps' discussion, some apps stay open until you quit them and you can have several open at a time without really realizing it. The nice part is that your most recently used apps show up on your home screen. The last
    (or current) app in use shows up in the large tile and the other recently used apps appear around the large tile. Just scroll around and highlight any of the apps, hit the menu button and if the app is still running, the option to quit will be listed.

    I will typically go through and do a quick check / shut down of all the apps on my home screen before I start to play a game. Not that any running apps will bog down your games, they're handled by a different OS, but if you do a lot of switching between
    apps or your FL, game DVR, etc. while gaming, not having a bunch of unnecessary apps running will help make the switching between game and app run faster and smoother... at least that's been my experience.

    Oh and congrats on getting your X1.
     
    A Blue Illusion, Apr 15, 2014
    #18
  4. robnyack
    robnyack Guest

    Finally picked up the xbox one

    Blue..... that's some good info...... thanks!!
     
    robnyack, Apr 15, 2014
    #19
  5. Thanks guys. Alot of good advice for me already. I appreciate it. Just wondering about this recent update, mines still hasnt picked it up but seems most have. ?
     
    IrksomeKAS 07, Apr 15, 2014
    #20
  6. Press the start button on the controller when you have the app open but your on the dashboard at the same time ...you will have the option to quit the app or game. But only works when your on the dashboard.
     
    DJ SANDSTORM407, Oct 31, 2018
    #21
  7. IrksomeKAS 07 Win User

    Finally picked up the xbox one

    Thanks guys. Alot of good advice for me already. I appreciate it. Just wondering about this recent update, mines still hasnt picked it up but seems most have. ?
  8. DRZ48 Win User

    Finally picked up the xbox one

    yes I have A PS4 and it is loud reminds me of my launch 360.
  9. tohellnbak Win User

    Finally picked up the xbox one

    when at home screen any app that is the larger window.. you press the pause (menu) button where there should be an option to quit...
  10. robnyack Win User

    Finally picked up the xbox one

    Hey... congrats.

    1) progress.... go to game and apps. You will see progress there

    2) in settings go to power and start up and choose power mode - instant on. that allows for you to turn xbox on via voice commands and allows system downloads to happen when you are off.
  11. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Finally picked up the xbox one

    Hey there Irksome :D

    Congrats on the purchase. Its an awesome console and I am sure you will enjoy loads of moments on it. Feel free to whack me a FR over if you like. No big deal if you don't want to, just though I would extend the offer :)

    It's always good to have more buddys to blast apart!
Thema:

Finally picked up the xbox one

Loading...
  1. Finally picked up the xbox one - Similar Threads - Finally picked

  2. Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16: Hi team. Has anyone experienced something like this? I got all the base game achievements (even pushed hard this evening so I can hear that beautiful mythic sound) but it didn’t pop. The game...
  3. Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade Store Pricing Issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade Store Pricing Issue: Hey Insiders, I’m running into a pricing/entitlement issue with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade in the Xbox Store under Special Offers. The £54.99 option is greyed out, and I get a £14.85...
  4. Guys i have a idea for the xbox 360 (a final update)

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys i have a idea for the xbox 360 (a final update): The xbox 360 should have one last final update where you can chose from each dashbored and still be online. This would be a very cool idea and if you are feeling spicy bring back the markectplace....
  5. Console finally updated, but now more issues after the update.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console finally updated, but now more issues after the update.: I was one of those unlucky few who couldn’t update their Xbox and was reviving an error code with a ton of 0s. That was a few days ago and I decided to let Xbox fix it on their own time. Well as...
  6. Are the announced final fantasy games on the store yet?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are the announced final fantasy games on the store yet?: Fantasy submitted by /u/AverageJoeObi [link] [comments]
  7. Rematch – Final Beta Available May 28-31! - Xbox Wire

    in XboX Insiders
    Rematch – Final Beta Available May 28-31! - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  8. My Xbox series X will stop downloading "the finals" at the same spot each time

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X will stop downloading "the finals" at the same spot each time: I went to update to the latest version of the finals, the update stoped and won't continue, I cancel and tried to restart the download and no luck. After this I tried all the troubleshooting...
  9. I was about to finally purchase an Xbox Series X after saving up money for a while. Is this...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was about to finally purchase an Xbox Series X after saving up money for a while. Is this...: I was about to finally purchase an Xbox Series X after saving up money for a while. Is this $100 increase temporary? This console is 4 years old, prices should be coming down. The only reason it...
  10. can fc 25 finally be put on cloud gaming??

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    can fc 25 finally be put on cloud gaming??: I would really like fc 25 to be available on xbox cloud gaming c324600f-7532-4c94-a139-b34f8ae17b47