filmware update probably broke my xbox controller

Discus and support filmware update probably broke my xbox controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i tired updating my controller first time it got to like 35/36% and it failed sayed plug usb put out bateries soo i did and restarted with usb only it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Milenium78 Szeluś, Sep 24, 2023.

1. filmware update probably broke my xbox controller

i tired updating my controller first time it got to like 35/36% and it failed sayed plug usb put out bateries soo i did and restarted with usb only it got to 95% stoped xbox controller wibrated 1 or 2 times and it shut off after it didnt work and when i try turn it on with batteries it blinks little and shuts off with 2 wibrations and when i plug usb to xbox or laptop it wibrates and automaticaly turns on it blinks little and after shuts off with wibration i hard reseted controller noting

:)

Milenium78 Szeluś, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Milenium78 Szeluś

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with updating your controller. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

We just want to set your proper expectations as we move with your concern, we will try to find the best possible options that we can for us to see differences on updating your controller. And if any case that this will land to your specific controller that is having issues with, we will let you know on what to do next in order for us to find other ways possible too.

Based on the information you provided, it seems like the update process failed and your controller is not responding properly. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Reset the controller: Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for about 10 seconds until the controller turns off. Then, press the Xbox button again to turn it back on.

2. Try a different USB cable: Sometimes, the issue can be with the USB cable that you are using. Try using a different USB cable to connect the controller to your Xbox or laptop.

3. Update the controller using a different device: If the update process failed on your Xbox, try updating the controller using a different device such as a Windows PC. You can download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store and follow the instructions to update the controller.

4. Try a different set of batteries: If you are using rechargeable batteries, try using a different set of batteries or try using regular alkaline batteries to see if that resolves the issue.

In addition, you can try to use this link for more reference about your controller issues and more information's and guides on possible options as well, click here: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Milenium78 Szeluś

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. GhosShell Win User

Controller connectivity problems.

I just updated its filmware (I have a second contoller on the same filmware and it works fine)
  5. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Upcoming System Update Details

i read that respawn are working with microsoft to bring a better upscaler to the xbox one and i also heard microsoft are updating the SDK no idea how true any of this is but the respawn working with microsoft was reported by the same guy that reported the
    filmware for the xbox controller
  6. N7 Gh0stz Win User

New astros

No the M80 is 7.1 same with the headphones you get wth it but according to astro support microsoft need to make a filmware for the controller and make it output 7.1
Thema:

1. filmware update probably broke my xbox controller - Similar Threads - filmware update probably

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  8. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  9. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  10. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...