FH4 poor performance on PC

Discus and support FH4 poor performance on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Is anyone else out there using a 1070 having problems with this game just running horribly? When pressing the auto detect in the options menu its sets... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by poppleton53f8a637-607b-4d72-affc-60736505f2b4, Oct 3, 2018.

1. FH4 poor performance on PC

Is anyone else out there using a 1070 having problems with this game just running horribly? When pressing the auto detect in the options menu its sets my graphics options to ultra but then in game it can barely run 40FPS. Even after lowering most of the
    settings and running the benchmark it still cannot even get close to holding 60FPS. I find this odd as on every other game I play this is an complete non issue.

Even ran the benchmark tool within the game just to check:

FH4 poor performance on PC [​IMG]

I have a friend running this game on a I5 processor, a GTX 1060 and 12 GB and he is able to run the game easily on Ultra and keep a stable 60 FPS

:)

poppleton53f8a637-607b-4d72-affc-60736505f2b4, Oct 3, 2018
  2. JayClarke91
    JayClarke91 Guest
    dead rising 3 update 5gig wtf!!!!!!

These aren't PC level graphics, Nor PC level performance. This is just a poor rushjob

JayClarke91, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Poor performance

Hey there Sourdough Jim,

Are you still having issues connecting to the Solitaire servers? If so, can you please let us know what device you're using and how it's connected to the internet?

Thanks so much!

Mister Mascot, Oct 3, 2018
  4. FH4 poor performance on PC

Hey there, have you ensured all driver are up to date, and the latest game version is installed?

Gamingboy177 (Sam), Oct 3, 2018
  5. yurigustavo
    yurigustavo Guest
    I have this problem too, before Tuesday the game was running at ultra at 60 fps, I believe the problem was caused by the update of Day 1 (Monday), but not confirmed yet. I am downloading the demo version of the game to confirm that the problem is in the
    final version of the game. I even tested other games to see if it was actually the 1070, but they behaved in the normal way.

I have an i5 4690, 16GB RAM and the EVGA 1070.

yurigustavo, Oct 3, 2018
  6. Hi,

That is indeed rather odd. Your system is more than capable of running this game at 1080P with high settings and a solid 60 FPS.

Have you installed the latest NVidia driver for your 1070? The minimum driver to use is 399.24. However, NVIDIA did release a Game Ready driver 411.63 and the most recent driver being 411.70.

If you're still having issues, there is an official Forza Forum here: Forza Horizon 4 Discussion - Forza Motorsport Forums

Obsessive Power, Oct 3, 2018
  7. Hey,

Thanks for all the tips, sadly nothing has worked so far, really has me baffled this does.

I have gone through every check I can think of:

CPU AND GPU temps are fine when game is running

Motherboard using the latest driver and updates

GPU using the latest game ready drivers and BIOS update

OS all up to date

performed registry clean

made sure nothing is running in the background (windows gaming bar, shadowplay etc)

switched off V=sync

but performance is still the same.

poppleton53f8a637-607b-4d72-affc-60736505f2b4, Oct 3, 2018
  8. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hello Poppleton,

This seems to be a known issue on Forza's Forums. As of right now I don't think its an issue with your PC Specs as much as it is an issue with the game in general. Since it is known and acknowledged already I would assume they are working on a fix.

For more info, please take a look at
    "FH4 Known Issues [Updated: October 1st,"

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Oct 3, 2018
  9. Vannec
    Vannec Guest
    It very likely is just a slight issue with the game that you're experiencing, and I'm sure Playground will fix it asap. I just wanted to add that since both cases in this thread are with 1070's, I've seen a couple issues in other games where similar performance
    issues affected only 1070's. This leads me to believe that there's some minor tweaks devs need to make for this card in particular.

Vannec, Oct 4, 2018
  10. yurigustavo
    yurigustavo Guest
    so I opened the computer and cleaned it, when I got back it was stable

I don't know what happened, but it worked.

yurigustavo, Oct 4, 2018
  11. Hehe nice, I wish every solution was that simple.

poppleton53f8a637-607b-4d72-affc-60736505f2b4, Oct 4, 2018
  12. Vannec
    Vannec Guest
    A good cleaning and power cycle solves 99% of everything FH4 poor performance on PC :p (...except my inability to stay on the track. Haven't found a fix for that yet.)

Vannec, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: