Feedback for the new Xbox Dashboard

Discus and support Feedback for the new Xbox Dashboard in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello Xbox Insider Community, I hope this message finds you all well. I wanted to share some feedback regarding the recent changes to the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Substantial_Paper182, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Feedback for the new Xbox Dashboard

Hello Xbox Insider Community,

I hope this message finds you all well. I wanted to share some feedback regarding the recent changes to the Xbox dashboard. While I appreciate the continuous efforts to enhance the gaming experience, I find the new design, particularly the increased advertising, to be less appealing.

The constant promotion, especially for Game Pass, has impacted the overall aesthetics and user experience. It diminishes the polished feel and makes the interface seem less refined.

As a user who values owning games over subscription services, I sense a lack of emphasis on the titles I've purchased and installed. Given the significant investment in my game library, I would appreciate a clearer overview and more customization options to prioritize my owned games.

The removal of the ability to customize the entire menu, including item order, is puzzling. While I understand the marketing strategy behind promoting Game Pass, I believe advanced users within the Xbox Insider community should have the option to minimize advertising and personalize their gaming experience.

In comparison to the user-friendly approach of Sony's competition, the current Xbox dashboard feels less intuitive and appealing. This aspect alone makes it challenging for me to wholeheartedly recommend the console.

I also want to highlight language translation issues, especially for users like me in Germany. The translations in the store appear to be machine-generated, possibly using tools like Bing, and they leave a noticeably unprofessional impression.

Recently, I purchased Persona 5 Royal from the store, and despite it not being available on Game Pass, I continue to receive advertisements suggesting otherwise on the dashboard. This inconsistency in information can be confusing and negatively impacts the overall user experience.

I understand that changes take time, but as part of the Xbox Insider community, I hope our collective feedback contributes to significant improvements in the Xbox dashboard in the coming years. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Best regards

submitted by /u/Substantial_Paper182
    [link] [comments]

/u/Substantial_Paper182, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Feedback on the New UI with the preview dashboard:

Heya CallMehhCrazyy!

GODtheSniper and DENAz666 know what's up! You should be good to access the Xbox One Update Preview forum they linked you to. If you do have any issues please create a new thread and let us know :)
  3. GODtheSniper Win User

4. DENAz666 Win User

Hey mate,

Mad? Never! But I will point you to the right place to post this awesome feedback :)

Here is the link to the preview program support forum:
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you can't access that forum, please let us know and one of the support team will be alogn to help you out

Cheers

Denaz
  5. Saeleth Win User

Where's the Xbox 360 Features on Xbox One ?

While your post expresses some valuable feedback, the dashboard format is largely a matter of opinion. The vast majority of XBox users are pleased with the new dashboard, myself included, and the 360 format simply wouldn't work with the XBO.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

how can I go back to the old dashboard. I don't like the adds.

The best way to try to get the dashboard to an acceptable look, is to give them feedback via the feedback site here. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/xboxrequests/
    During the 12 months of Insider testing, there was plenty of feedback, mostly negative. Not once did Xbox acknowledge any of this feedback or change the dashboard to an acceptable form.

They strung the Insiders along, making it seem like a trial, changed nothing and didn't even reply to any of the weekly discussion posts THEY posted for over a year.

Sorry, all these suggestions to post feedback, just falls on deaf ears.

They had no intention of reversing this AD Dashboard from the original rollout of this cluttered mess.

"Both platforms have had ads since the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 days, it's nothing new."

Having ADS plastered all over the Home screen and cancelling the ability to customise, is new.
Thema:

Feedback for the new Xbox Dashboard

1. Feedback for the new Xbox Dashboard - Similar Threads - Feedback Dashboard

2. Listen to your feedback …………………..

in XboX Insiders
    Listen to your feedback …………………..: Put back ‘Friends in games’ ya fuckin idiots submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  3. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  4. Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?

in XboX Insiders
    Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?: Swear this is the 3rd pizza-related question in a row now. submitted by /u/Rookie385 [link] [comments]
  5. Issue with feedback messages on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with feedback messages on console: Hi everyone, for a few days now I've been receiving messages on the console regarding leaving feedback regarding the service due to a problem I've had. the problem is that I have already received...
  6. Xbox Dashboard Feedback After Latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update - Xbox SeriesX|S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Feedback After Latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update - Xbox SeriesX|S: After Alpha Skip-Ahead update (2308.221027-1900), I was displeased with the appearance of the Xbox dashboard. There are too many marketplace, games, and Game Pass advertisements. I want to see...
  7. New Xbox Dashboard Experience Feedback

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Dashboard Experience Feedback: new dashboard? Is that live or in testing phase? Don't see anything about it on insider app. Feedback: I'm hating it & I'm usually not like this. It is now saturated with gamepass playlist genres....
  8. E3 2020 canceled/ new dashboard feedback

in XBoX on Consoles
    E3 2020 canceled/ new dashboard feedback: With the possibility of E3 2020 being canceled due to the cornoavirus, Xbox should go right ahead with an online showcase for 2020 ahead of time to beat playstation to the punch. In 2013 Xbox lost...
  9. Xbox one dashboard update-feedback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one dashboard update-feedback: well to start off, the update looks amazing I love the look the easy user interface and how smooth everything transitions a couple notes for anyone that knows where to post this the sound when...
  10. Feedback on the New UI with the preview dashboard:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feedback on the New UI with the preview dashboard:: So far i have been really enjoying the new UI. I really like the changes with everything but, there are many issues with it that I have found since it downloaded. The download and installation...