Favourite notifications for both Xbox Series S and App not working.

Discus and support Favourite notifications for both Xbox Series S and App not working. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I’m actually not sure if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me. I think it could be a bug and I’m just the unlucky one ha. Both my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AFRIK4RN3 UK, May 28, 2023.

1. AFRIK4RN3 UK
    AFRIK4RN3 UK Guest

Hello, I’m actually not sure if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me. I think it could be a bug and I’m just the unlucky one ha.

Both my console Series S and Xbox App (I have iPhone 12) notifications only for “Favourites” do not pop up. It has been like this for nearly over 2 weeks now.

To make things easier I will explain what I have tried to do to on both console and app to which still hasn’t fixed it.

Console ~ I have font into settings to turn all notifications off, restart console, turn notifications on. Factory reset my console, looked into my my account profile / details online for anything about notifications. I always check for update on my console but it’s already up to date. There’s nothing wrong with my internet as that’s never been an issue at all. But alas Favourite notification doesn’t work.

Xbox App ~ I have gone into the app setting to turn notifications off, back on, same in my phone actual settings too, restart my phone, uninstall app and reinstalled and alas no favourite notifications showing.

Both Xbox console and Xbox App on mobile are up to date. However any other notifications on my Xbox console and Xbox App do work. Like if I received a message, screen capture or screen clip (video), achievements, clubs, friend request, game invite and party invites. I also made sure the people who were favourited are still favourited on both console and app on my friends list. I even made sure that I made sure to get notifications set on to “Favourites” but alas still nothing. I really have no clue it’s just a bug considering both console and app gets updates frequently. I thought I do this to see if there’s anything else someone may suggest to make it work or if someone else is experiencing the same issue but all they find is a something similar on here but it’s dated like back in 2021 / 2022. I just think at this point it might be a bug glitch and just have to wait it out till futures updates may fix it.

:)

AFRIK4RN3 UK, May 28, 2023
  2. Rach .... Win User

I have this same issue for a couple months at least now and my friends do as well. Favourites just suddenly stopped notifications on my phone and xbox. Like others said I get notifications for screenshots messages etc. Just not favourites. I tried removing friends from favourites and re-adding them but it made no difference.
  3. xXS5hortYXx Win User

I've already done this and have heard absolutely nothing back
  4. xXS5hortYXx Win User

No it's not a bug, myself and 3 friends have exactly the same issue, I've tried contacting support and cant get to chat nor does the phone me option work, pointless having xbox support when we can't actually contact anybody
  5. Danielle Muhwee💜 Win User

Also, when on YouTube it is shown as being at the Home screen.
  6. Danielle Muhwee💜 Win User

Hello. The user mentioning this issue is not the only one. The problem is not our consoles. Please troubleshoot this on Xbox side because many others on my friends list are expericing this. It’s been well over two weeks now.
Thema:

1. Favourite notifications for both Xbox Series S and App not working. - Similar Threads - Favourite notifications both

2. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  3. Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems: Out of all my friends, I have one friend that I do not get notifications that they are online, cannot join their games and this is the same for all of his friends. Even with them on his friends...
  4. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  5. New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.

in XboX Insiders
    New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.: Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to quick respond instead of opening the message...
  6. The navigation and notification sounds don't play

in XboX Insiders
    The navigation and notification sounds don't play: It happens to me with the options that should mute those sounds disabled It happens with the recently released version . It happened to me while I was using a pair of headphones via 3.5mm jack....
  7. When will Xbox notifications start working for favourites coming online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Xbox notifications start working for favourites coming online?: Normally when people on my favourites list come online I get a notification but for the past few months I no longer get notified. This is an issue for my other friends as well. My question is,...
  8. Favourites notifications not working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Favourites notifications not working?: I’d say since around April time my notifications for favourites stopped working, I don’t get them on my phone either. Sometimes on the app I get message notifications and other times I don’t. I’ve...
  9. Notifications for favourite friends not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Notifications for favourite friends not working: I am no longer getting notifications when favourite friends get online. Reading forums I am not the only one but am not seeing anything from MS that acknowledges the issue. I have tried resetting...
  10. Favourite friends not popping up with a notification when coming online?

in XboX Insiders
    Favourite friends not popping up with a notification when coming online?: Anyone else having this issue atm both the xbox and the app when one of my favourites comes online I don't get a notification anymore. No settings have been changed recently. Beta ring. submitted...