FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ...

Discus and support FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have the ability to connect the 360 to the HDMI input on the Xbox One and see it under TV menu but the Xbox One controller doesn't work. A 360... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vile80r, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Vile80r
    Vile80r Guest

FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ...

We have the ability to connect the 360 to the HDMI input on the Xbox One and see it under TV menu but the Xbox One controller doesn't work. A 360 controller still has to be used.

It seems that Microsoft could, possibly pretty easily, create something like a "system link" which would essentially by like the TV app but would tell the Xbox One that a 360 is connected. And, possibly through a usb patch cable between the 2 systems, would
    also allow the Xbox One's controller input to be sent to the 360. This would eliminate the need for having to have 2 controllers around but would also be a method of backwards compatibility for games that won't be officially supported via the Xbox One either
    because they aren't popular enough or perhaps too difficult to officially be supported.

Just an idea.

:)

Vile80r, Oct 4, 2016
  2. TennMan73
    TennMan73 Guest
    Dead Space in 4K?

Does Microsoft or EA plan on releasing an update to enhance Dead Space or its sequels for the Xbox One X and 4K tv?

TennMan73, Oct 4, 2016
  3. banej
    banej Guest
    banej, Oct 4, 2016
  4. User 9242019
    User 9242019 Guest

The Xbox One and the Xbox 360 controllers don't use the same method of communicating with the console. The 360 uses a proprietary 2.4 GHz RF protocol while the Xbox One uses a modified Wi-Fi setup that was developed to reduce input lag to around 9 milliseconds.

I think you would generate so much lag with any kind of hybrid setup as you suggest that the system might be unplayable with even 10-15 milliseconds more lag. Talking through a cable like that takes time

User 9242019, Oct 5, 2016
  5. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there Vile80r!

Thanks for sharing your ideas and feedback. If you haven't already, make sure to head over to
    Xbox Feedback and provide your ideas! Our teams are always looking to the community to help improve the Xbox experience. Thanks.

Mister Maka, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Mister Maka Win User

FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through the Xbox One HDMI?

Hey there Vile80r!

Thanks for sharing your ideas and feedback. If you haven't already, make sure to head over to
    Xbox Feedback and provide your ideas! Our teams are always looking to the community to help improve the Xbox experience. Thanks.
  7. User 9242019 Win User

FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through the Xbox One HDMI?

The Xbox One and the Xbox 360 controllers don't use the same method of communicating with the console. The 360 uses a proprietary 2.4 GHz RF protocol while the Xbox One uses a modified Wi-Fi setup that was developed to reduce input lag to around 9 milliseconds.

I think you would generate so much lag with any kind of hybrid setup as you suggest that the system might be unplayable with even 10-15 milliseconds more lag. Talking through a cable like that takes time
  8. XBF Zineb F Win User

Gamertag change

Try using another payment option just as a backup plan, you won't be charged through it. Sometimes it is necessary to have a backup payment instrument and the payment cannot go through with the Microsoft balance selected on its own.
  9. WickedCueball Win User

Xbox 360 - Xbox One FAQ

The Xbox One will not be Backwards Compatible. The new system will only work with new games. It does not have the ability to play Xbox 360 games or original Xbox games nor can it play XBLA or other downloaded games. But Microsoft has announced that Xbox
    One might be backwards compatible in the coming future. Possible through the cloud.
  10. Smwutches Win User

What games play on xb1x

Thema:

1. FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ... - Similar Threads - FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  4. can we recover world in minecraft without backup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can we recover world in minecraft without backup: can we recover world in minecraft without backup in mobile f42d0ccf-f680-4e77-b7cc-641cf2019a5b
  5. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  6. How to put my backups from Ghostwire: Tokyo on steam ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to put my backups from Ghostwire: Tokyo on steam ?: Yesterday I decided to re buy Xbox game pass Ultimate because I loved playing Ghostwire: Tokyo. But after some thinking, I thought it was a good idea to buy on Steam. I downloaded it on Steam...
  7. microsoft store affiche un faux total de mon compte [microsoft store displays a fake total...

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft store affiche un faux total de mon compte [microsoft store displays a fake total...: Bonjour, J ai mon compte microsoft dans le Microsoft store qui ne s update pas. Il y a 2 jours, j avais un total de 46,99 francs puis j ai acheté un jeu pour 24 francs puis j ai acheté une...
  8. Faux signalement abusive [Translation - False Unreasonable reporting]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faux signalement abusive [Translation - False Unreasonable reporting]: Bonjour, j'aurais besoin d'aide car je ne sais pas quoi faire, le compte de mon enfant été sanctionné plusieurs reprises, alors qu'il n'y a aucune raison. Je pense qu'une ou plusieurs personnes le...
  9. Faux contact dans le cable de ma manette Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faux contact dans le cable de ma manette Xbox one: Bonjour, ayant depuis moins d'un an une manette avec cable pour windows, j'ai depuis peu un faux contact dans le cable qui empeche l'utilisation de cette derniere. De plus je n'arrive pas...
  10. Audio Headsets and Faux Surround

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Headsets and Faux Surround: In need of some information guys/gals hope you can help Do the new headsets have the surround sound imitated ? The reason I ask is they certainly don't have 8 speakers in each ear :) If they do...