Father and Son XBoxes

Discus and support Father and Son XBoxes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, i have an Xbox Series X, and have given my son my old Xbox S. Ive set his Xbox up in his room, installed the games he plays on etc, but on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by proudgace, Apr 1, 2021.

1. proudgace
    proudgace Guest

Father and Son XBoxes

Hey guys,

i have an Xbox Series X, and have given my son my old Xbox S.

Ive set his Xbox up in his room, installed the games he plays on etc, but on launching one of the games it said something about not being able to play a game on both consoles at the same time (even if theyre both on discs that we own - im playing Valhalla, he’s playing Immortals Fenyx Rising)

Can anyone explain how we set this up in the simplest terms possible? I have Game Pass Ultimate also, so if we can both play on that it would be a bonus. He also plays on Minecraft with his friends over live, but i never do live gaming (more a single player rpg fan, personally)

ive looked on other threads, but im struggling to follow what to do. Step by step advice would be really appreciated

Thanks guys

:)

proudgace, Apr 1, 2021
  2. ImAice Win User

Father to Son

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that. The best thing to do follow this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

You will be changing the primary email of the account as games and progress and non transferrable.
  3. proudgace Win User

Father and Son XBoxes

So I create a new account for him, that’s fine.

Can we both use the Game Pass, or am I going to need 2 Game Pass accounts?

Also, what about the saves on the games he’s already played? Are they transferable to his new account?

Also, can I watch Netflix etc while he’s playing a game?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Father and Son XBoxes

It sounds like you're both trying to use the same account to play on both consoles. You would each need your own account.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Father and Son XBoxes

I you set the console he uses as your Home console, you can share the games with him. Game Pass itself doesn't share, but the games downloaded do, so as long as you download them from your account first, he would be able to play them. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. So if you create a new account for him, he would start over fresh.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff......

Nothing to do with a bad configuration. All that needs to be done is his sons Xbox at his mothers house, to be set as fathers Home Xbox. Father will have to be signed in on the Xbox at fathers house.
    Yes I agree, and then I believe his Father can set his account on his Home Xbox (at the Mothers house) to require a passkey, if needed, so that his son can't go into his account and change/purchase/etc anything from his account. :)
Thema:

Father and Son XBoxes

1. Father and Son XBoxes - Similar Threads - Father Son XBoxes

2. How to transfer games from our late father's Xbox One to our new Xbox S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer games from our late father's Xbox One to our new Xbox S?: My sisters and I have loved gaming for years, so one year our father got us an Xbox One for the household. He has since passed, but we have still gotten and played it continuously. This year we...
  3. father email to sign in with my xbox profile. Can email change from his to mine. IS there...

in XBoX on Windows
    father email to sign in with my xbox profile. Can email change from his to mine. IS there...: I dont want imformation lost on either end my father email to sign in with my xbox profile. Can email change from his to mine. IS there a way to unbind the email from my xbox ac to change it to...
  4. Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away: I was wondering if it is possible to change the email that my Xbox account is under. I have had the account for over a decade and have more games purchased on it than I can remember. The email had...
  5. The god father the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The god father the game: Can’t Xbox just make it so old disc can be read and played? With out having to go through licensing? For the god father the game just let us play old games don’t upgrade graphics and all just let...
  6. i changed my fathers gamertag that was thirteen letters how do i change it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    i changed my fathers gamertag that was thirteen letters how do i change it back?: i tried to change my gamertag but accidently changed my fathers gamertag that was thirteen letters how do i change the gamertag back? 06351f85-dc6a-42a0-be04-300d4848e5f8
  7. Hi there, as a father of a boy who is a fan of FH5. Is it possible to turn back to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi there, as a father of a boy who is a fan of FH5. Is it possible to turn back to the...: Hi there, I'm a little bit older to ask this question but askin the question as a father of a fan of FH5. My son played this game over 300 hrs time and recently 2 days ago when he wanted to show...
  8. Why has my son been permanently banned?? His father spends lots of money on Vbucks and now...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why has my son been permanently banned?? His father spends lots of money on Vbucks and now...: Why is my 8 year old permanently banned? Can't EVER speak to a live person... What's going on here?? 64cd8fcd-2d7d-4313-8665-c3cb4513ffe5
  9. Father to Son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Father to Son: My father made the Xbox account I use with his email during the 360 days. A few months ago, he had since passed. I want to continue using the account, but with my own email so if I bought a game...
  10. Disappointed Father and Son.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Disappointed Father and Son.: I am new to Xbox One I used to be a Playstation 2 gamer. But my son really wanted one because he liked seeing his friends and cousins play Halo with Master Chief and Gears of War, but he was not...