Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention

Discus and support Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Adds swappable backgrounds, colours schemes, see-through tiles and more The new Xbox One UI talks back to you, and is coming this Christmas |... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

Lofty Who, Apr 30, 2014
  2. lNSaNiTy WiThiN, Apr 30, 2014
  3. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.

Oh Burst.... I'm sure you understood what I meant....

Yes, you bought it... Yes it's sitting in your home... Yes it's yours... I get it.

Do you have a "smart" phone? Do you rock the std UI or have a customised wallpaper? Do you have a customized desktop wallpaper pic for your PC (or Mac for the pedantic)? What about a tablet with a personalized wallpaper?

If you can answer yes to any of those... Then what's the difference with people liking the idea for the X1?

If you answer no to all of the above.... Well... Maybe you're just a bit boring.

xenomorph v1, Apr 30, 2014
  4. R1CH5TER
    R1CH5TER Guest

Would be a nice feature, and a step in the right direction, good to know MS have shown interest in it. Cheers for posting lofty

R1CH5TER, Apr 30, 2014
  5. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    I'd like to see this feature, I'd have a picture of myself wearing the famous hat Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention :)

Lofty Who, May 1, 2014
  6. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Personally I think that looks hideous.....

John Dowding, May 1, 2014
  7. Padre784
    Padre784 Guest
    Currently we have a black box with a UI with a black background.........YAWN!!!!! BORING!!!

MS should have added dashboard customisation right out of the box. I love the fact I can personalise my 360 and was sorely disappointed it wasn't an option on the X1.

Come on Xbox one OS team add this functionality back into the UI.

Padre784, May 1, 2014
  8. bazcom2k
    bazcom2k Guest

Remember when the Xbox 360 didn't have backgrounds and themes? Did it remain that way?

bazcom2k, May 1, 2014
  9. I would love to see it go forward. Definitely a fan of customization and that is something I would really welcome if it came in an update!

Mark Sherwood, May 2, 2014
  10. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="bazanime"]Remember when the Xbox 360 didn't have backgrounds and themes? [/quote]Actually no I don't.

When I bought my 360, back when it used the Blades dashboard, themes were already available.

voteDC, May 3, 2014
  11. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    voteDC is right. The 360 had themes and you could customise the blades from launch.

ShaunPerry, May 3, 2014
  12. Wouldn't mind this, although I got more excited about the minecraft bit at the end

Flaming Pingu, May 3, 2014
  13. Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention

Wait so the 360 was readily customizable? Well that's impressive but more so less impressive for the One not achieving the same. I know the UI is massively different but going off its Windows 8 architecture, Win8 has customizable backgrounds ect.. seems
    fitting to me.

Mark Sherwood, May 4, 2014
  14. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    You couldn't customise it to the extent of that vid Cloud, but you could change the colours and textures on the blades and have your own photos as a background.

I had a pic of my then very young son as mine.

ShaunPerry, May 4, 2014
  15. Ah thanks dude. I came in late so I missed that dash, which is a shame because it looks pretty nifty. I bet front line arcades that never connected to the update would have that pre-installed right? Wonder how much they will be going for in a few years time
    Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention :D

Mark Sherwood, May 4, 2014
Thema: