Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.

Discus and support Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sure, it's not a need; it's a want, but it's a really awesome want - practically to the point that many people, after seeing the video, will see it as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goth Vampirella, Apr 30, 2014.

  1. Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.


    Sure, it's not a need; it's a want, but it's a really awesome want - practically to the point that many people, after seeing the video, will see it as a need even though it really isn't. Instead of saying, "I want this" they'll say, "I need this."
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 30, 2014
    #16
  2. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest
    This was an awesome video... I hope MS was taking notes.
     
    xXCamhawkXx, Apr 30, 2014
    #17
  3. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    I don't spend time looking at a menu, I play games or videos on it....would never pay to have "themes".....but whatever works, I am certainly not against having options.
     
    Burnin TODI, Apr 30, 2014
    #18
  4. Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.

    TODI, I disagree with your statement about how it "would never pay to have themes" - MS has already proven you wrong because they've been profiting from it. People have been buying themes, gamerpics, and avatar items on their consoles for years (as well
    as customizable options in their games) despite the fact that most of it is practically useless. As I said, if you can convince someone that they want something and then to further that want into something they think they need, then that sale is in the bag...
    That's "sales 101" TODI. Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention. ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 30, 2014
    #19
  5. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    I think thats a pretty awesome concept.
     
    Wiggs, Apr 30, 2014
    #20
  6. Yes, ICN3D; Yes it is... Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention. :)
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 30, 2014
    #21
  7. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    It was cool. I couldn't careless if this was ever added though. With voice commands and Smartglass I only see the dash when it turns on.
     
    Burst Axe, Apr 30, 2014
    #22
  8. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest

    Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.

    It's like customizing your smartphone interface... You don't sit there starting at it, but it makes it feel more "yours". Plus it's fun... Imo.

    For a fan made video, I thought it looked pretty good. We know it's fake...

    The last one (minecraft) was like a live wallpaper... I like...

    I did say there were more pressing issues in my first post, but this is a great concept for those that want it, and for those that don't... It's like how it is for the 360 now, don't want it... Don't use it.
     
    xenomorph v1, Apr 30, 2014
    #23
  9. @ZombieDeano. You're welcome Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention. :)

    @Galactic Geek. I liked the Minecraft background and would love to have one for Titanfall where maybe a Titan drops down, or Forza 5, a car going round a track.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Apr 30, 2014
    #24
  10. xenomorph hit the nail on the head. I love customizing stuff to make it feel my own. Like I said before I don't think anyone would be against having themes available to them because you won't be forced into buying, but then again
    "forced" has a different meaning to some people.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Apr 30, 2014
    #25
  11. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    I brought it therefore it is already my own personal X1. Cool looking pictures won't make that any different too me.
     
    Burst Axe, Apr 30, 2014
    #26
  12. To me it's not so much about making it feel like I own the product, but customizing the UI makes it feel different to my friends. I like how Microsoft have let us change the colour for some of the tiles on the UI. It's the same
    story with my gamerpic.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Apr 30, 2014
    #27
  13. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

    Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.

    @GG...my typing missed the letter "I" as in "I would never pay..." Sorry you typed all that out over one missed letter. I am well aware that Microsoft has fooled many people in to buying a menu that looks different (when is MLG going to have a "looking
    at my themed menu for hours" competition?).
     
    Burnin TODI, Apr 30, 2014
    #28
  14. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    @bluez....unless your friend chooses the same theme and colors as you, then you won't feel different Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention. :)
     
    Burnin TODI, Apr 30, 2014
    #29
  15. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    Oh Burst.... I'm sure you understood what I meant....

    Yes, you bought it... Yes it's sitting in your home... Yes it's yours... I get it.

    Do you have a "smart" phone? Do you rock the std UI or have a customised wallpaper? Do you have a customized desktop wallpaper pic for your PC (or Mac for the pedantic)? What about a tablet with a personalized wallpaper?

    If you can answer yes to any of those... Then what's the difference with people liking the idea for the X1?

    If you answer no to all of the above.... Well... Maybe you're just a bit boring.
     
    xenomorph v1, Apr 30, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention.

Loading...
  1. Fan-made UI video gets Microsoft's attention. - Similar Threads - Fan made video

  2. New update has made my series x fan run fast and loud.

    in XboX Insiders
    New update has made my series x fan run fast and loud.: The new insider alpha update has borked the fan in my series x it's 3 months old and been silent up until this last update anyone one had a similar problem? Or is this a known issue before I send...
  3. Can I make a fan made Xbox profile

    in XBoX on Windows
    Can I make a fan made Xbox profile: I wanna make a Xbox fan made profile picture and want to send it to you so you can make it an official Xbox profile cf4ffc54-4739-4926-b3b5-c328ccdf616e
  4. My series X's fan is running VERY hard in games where it hadn't before. (I made sure to...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My series X's fan is running VERY hard in games where it hadn't before. (I made sure to...: It just seems to be running harder to the point where i feel very uncomfortable. Its as if I got a downgrade. Example: -Playing destiny 2 while talking to vendors. -Flight simulator was...
  5. This Is The Template For My Fan Made Xbox Series X Background!

    in XboX Insiders
    This Is The Template For My Fan Made Xbox Series X Background!: [IMG] submitted by /u/PhantomKid143 [link] [comments]
  6. Look At This Fan Made Xbox Series X Background I Made!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Look At This Fan Made Xbox Series X Background I Made!!!: [IMG] submitted by /u/PhantomKid143 [link] [comments]
  7. Halo Fan Made Film!!! Be Part Of It!!!

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Fan Made Film!!! Be Part Of It!!!: Hey guys! I'm making a Halo/Live Action film called The Game Player. It's going to be a action comedy with a lot of references to the Halo community and to Halo itself. I need voice actors and a...
  8. Fan Made Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan Made Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer: Hi Guys, wanna Show you my selfmade Trailer for Halo 2 Anniversary The Cutscenes are so awesome... [MEDIA] 110bcef1-394c-43a6-8caf-634a916d1782
  9. Battlefield 4 Movie Trailer (Fan Made)

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 4 Movie Trailer (Fan Made): [MEDIA] Just wanted to make a movie trailer based on some of the footage from Battlefield 4 trailers. Let me know what you think!! 2e6cc982-b854-4bd7-86fd-5c98411ab1d3
  10. Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention: Adds swappable backgrounds, colours schemes, see-through tiles and more The new Xbox One UI talks back to you, and is coming this Christmas | GamesRadar+ ddfee9f9-e2b6-4d55-a3dc-04438fedf54d