False Name Change?

Discus and support False Name Change? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have recently been trying to change all my usernames to one set IGN so friends cannot get confused. When I had gone to change my XBox username, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tachz, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Tachz
    Tachz Guest

False Name Change?

I have recently been trying to change all my usernames to one set IGN so friends cannot get confused. When I had gone to change my XBox username, it had already said that I had used my name change. I have no recollection of changing my username nor having
    to change it at the beginning. I understand that they do assign a username to you, however I do remember having to either keep that one or type in something else (Which in no way should be considered a name change as it had been brought up as soon as I had
    launched the app). Is there anyway to fix this or am I going to have to buy a name change?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General]

:)

Tachz, Sep 16, 2018
  2. I Got FALSE REPORTED

i got false reported by my frend name [Mod Removed for personal info]

i main caveira1, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Free Gamertag Change

A forced name change is a drastic negative action against an account, to many over the life of the account will lead to it being banned. You don't want one of those, besides there is nothing in your current gt that can get you one anyway. Getting people
    to false report your name will only lead to negative action against them and possibly yourself if the false complaints get our of hand. (false complaints are of course against the TOS).

Support has told you wrong, no one on these forums can change your name for you. You will need to pay the 800 points to do it.

Z Roach Returns, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Devlin Sco
    Devlin Sco Guest

False Name Change?

Hi Tachz,

If your Xbox gamertag was created when you initially signed up for Xbox, you can
    change it one time for free. It would be best to get in
    touch with our Xbox Support team if you're getting a prompt that your gamertag was already changed even though you haven't modified it in the past. Our dedicated team handles account issues that cannot be disclosed here in the
    Microsoft Community forums. You can contact them using this
    link
    . Select My account > No thanks >
    Manage account > Chat with Xbox Support.

Feel free to post in the Community forums if you have inquiries about other Microsoft services.

Devlin Sco, Sep 16, 2018
  5. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

As Devlin mentioned contacting Xbox customer service is probably your best bet. Go to support.xbox.com then contact us, No thanks to the virtual assistant, click on Account issues, then other. It should give you options to chat or request a call depending
    on what's currently available in your region.

Tormaz, Sep 17, 2018
  6. If at the screen you decided to input your own you are not eligible for a free gamertag change you are only eligible if you keep the pre assigned one

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 17, 2018
  7. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    That error is correct as the previous ambassador mentioned

Since you already have a customiEd name the free name change doesnt apply to you

When creatijg an account after 2016 you received a randomized name seeing as you are a custom name it doesnt apply ti you

You will just have to pay for your name like everyoje else

ngocphi, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

False Name Change?