Fallout New Vegas crash when load or save (xbox one). Tried every fix I know of

Discus and support Fallout New Vegas crash when load or save (xbox one). Tried every fix I know of in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The game froze at one point while playing and I had to manually exit. I was worried the autosave would corrupt, but no biggie I have plenty of save... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mikey.B., Jul 26, 2021.

1. Mikey.B.
    Mikey.B. Guest

The game froze at one point while playing and I had to manually exit. I was worried the autosave would corrupt, but no biggie I have plenty of save files.

Well it will not let me load. Freezes when I hit "load" at the title screen. It freezes before it shows me any save files. Screen goes black and the speakers make a low rumbling noise.

Tried making a new character, it freezes when it attempts to autosave. Tried to load from new character. Freezes. Tried uninstalling the game. Freezes. Cleared reserve data, cycled system, unplugged system. Freezes.

It will work on other accounts using the same xbox. Only my account with my saves is impacted.

:)

Mikey.B., Jul 26, 2021
  2. JaredTurney Win User

What I had to do was go to settings>system>storage devices

Then I cleared local xbox 360 data

It tried to download the cloud saves which I knew the messed up one was on but i stopped it by pressing the middle buttons together.

It stopped the crashing and kept only 3 of a hundred saves but just glad to be able to play again.

Ps. It did keep my last auto save surprisingly so I got to keep playing my current character
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

This is an odd one, honestly I've had corruption issues before but not like this. Did you keep your games and apps?
  4. Mikey.B. Win User

Woah that fixed it! I thought you were being condescending with the resetting the system idea, but I just didnt know what I was talking about. Reset vs restart. Yeah, after resetting the system it reloaded my cloud saves and I was able to circumvent the corrupted save.

Thank you so much!
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Mikey! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Have you tried reseting your console?
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

We cannot access cloud saves but we can try this:

The first step in resetting an Xbox One is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox One controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select the reset option that you want.

If you want to leave game and app data in place, then highlight Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox One firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

There is no confirmation screen or prompt. When you press the A button with a reset option highlighted, the system will be reset immediately.

To reset the system to factory defaults, and remove all data, highlight reset and remove everything. Then press the A button. Select this option if you're selling the console.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD

I suggest trying the first option first!
Thema:

1. Fallout New Vegas crash when load or save (xbox one). Tried every fix I know of - Similar Threads - Fallout Vegas crash

2. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  3. Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club: I couldn't stand my series x console forcing an update every day at 6 in the morning and making me lose commendation ranks because of it, so I decided to take myself out of the alpha insider club....
  4. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  5. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas through Backwards Compatiblity on Series X and Xbox One not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas through Backwards Compatiblity on Series X and Xbox One not...: I recently got a Series X console and tried to play Fallout 3, but it keeps giving errors about not being able to connect to Xbox Live, even though the console has an internet connection and I'm...
  6. Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?: I just bought fallout New Vegas for 2$.95 on Xbox game store And realize I forgot the DLCs but it's 25 to 30 bucks for the DLCs by themselves so I thought about getting a hard copy for 9.99 with...
  7. I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...: I have deleted them from my drive tried reinstalling them and nothing is working the discs arent damaged at all and i lost all of my saves, i have 1700 hrs invested and its just gone. I want to...
  8. Fallout 3 GOTY Add Ons & Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition Xbox 360 on Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 GOTY Add Ons & Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition Xbox 360 on Xbox series X: Hi all i own a physical copy of Fallout 3 GOTY Xbox 360 & Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition Xbox 360 and when I install the games i don't have the dlc from both of them. Of i am not gonna pay...
  9. Fallout New Vegas not installing due to error 0x80073cf3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout New Vegas not installing due to error 0x80073cf3: I've been trying to solve this problem for a month now, I've been searching forums and tech support, but no one can help me... 5b96d6bf-cd3e-4182-8f4b-ebf14cde6722
  10. Fallout new Vegas log in error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fallout new Vegas log in error: Whenever I log into fallout new Vegas it tries to make me download a profile, a profile that dose not exist since it was the email and a password with 6-16 characters in it, what should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fallout new vegas dlc corrupted xbox one