Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt

Discus and support Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have lost 4 saves of characters that were < level 20 because they were corrupt. I've tried deleting and resyncing and all that does is reset my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DeRpYMoDeRaToR, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt

I have lost 4 saves of characters that were < level 20 because they were corrupt. I've tried deleting and resyncing and all that does is reset my character back to level 5 or so. I need a permanent solution to stop this problem so I don't lose any more of
    my saves. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DeRpYMoDeRaToR, Mar 22, 2016
  2. New Fallout game coming anytime soon?

I miss fallout I stopped playing fallout new Vegas because of the save corrupts

Queen x HunT3r, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    battlefield 4....problems *sigh*

I like when it says "Fixed" .... at the bottom though .... "Reduced" the risk of campaign save file becoming corrupt" ... doesn't sound like it's totally fixed :-/

Lofty Who, Mar 22, 2016
  4. KHVRN
    KHVRN Guest

I'm not 100% sure this is an issue with Xbox per se, but more with the game itself.

You could attempt to backup save files to the cloud as well as your HD, which might help

KHVRN, Mar 24, 2016
  5. Did you try reinstalling the game? And are you saving on your internal hard drive?

SparkleZonFire, Mar 24, 2016
  6. Hello

Bethesda has a history of their saves becoming corrupt if you repeatedly save over it again. I suggest making sure you save often, but also often create a new save file and delete some of the older to save space.

Various other games have had this issue, Fallout 3, New vegas, Skyrim, Oblivion.

FearedNightmare, Mar 24, 2016
  7. FearedNightmare may be correct, as I have a tendency of saving over the same save quite often. I did not realise that that may have been the issue and will try to make new saves more often.

DeRpYMoDeRaToR, Nov 2, 2018
  8. FearedNightmare Win User

Hello

Bethesda has a history of their saves becoming corrupt if you repeatedly save over it again. I suggest making sure you save often, but also often create a new save file and delete some of the older to save space.

Various other games have had this issue, Fallout 3, New vegas, Skyrim, Oblivion.
  9. KHVRN Win User

I'm not 100% sure this is an issue with Xbox per se, but more with the game itself.

You could attempt to backup save files to the cloud as well as your HD, which might help
  10. DeRpYMoDeRaToR Win User

FearedNightmare may be correct, as I have a tendency of saving over the same save quite often. I did not realise that that may have been the issue and will try to make new saves more often.
  11. SparkleZonFire Win User

Did you try reinstalling the game? And are you saving on your internal hard drive?
  12. gutsycmor Win User

Noticed some changes..

There were a few cosmetic changes I notices when I went back to playing, both in Freeside too.

The kids (two boys and a girl) chasing the rat with a stick changed to two boys ??

Don't know why and over near Cerulean Robotics there was a burned out old bus that's gone now.

Nice to know though the game still constantly locks up once an hour and auto saves still become corrupted though.

Don't know if this will changed when they make Fallout 4 in the Chicago area next year, go Bears.
Thema:

1. Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt - Similar Threads - Fallout Saves CONSTANTLY

2. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  3. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  4. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  5. Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save: I've been playing Fallout 3 successfully on my Xbox one for a few years now. Last week a save file got corrupted, which was no big deal since I had an auto save that wasn't too far back from it....
  6. Trying to figure out if it is possible to transfer my fallout 4 saves from a pc to another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to figure out if it is possible to transfer my fallout 4 saves from a pc to another: when i was on vacation i started playing fallout 4 on my laptop now that i'm back home i installed the game on my main pc thinking that the progress was saved on the cloud but i don't find the...
  7. Fallout 4 won't let me see my saves, claims I have run out of room and to free up storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 won't let me see my saves, claims I have run out of room and to free up storage...: I am a game pass ultimate member, who does not actually own a physical Xbox console. I use the cloud gaming feature to play on my android phone or via sideloaded Xbox app on Chromecast. Several...
  8. installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load: XBOX1S Fallout 4 GOTY installed over vanilla edition (Absolutely no mods) I did the update/install on vacation since we do not have wifi. When we got home the games that had been played using...
  9. My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?: I started playing Fallout 4 using the cloud gaming feature within the xbox app at work a few days ago (on a surface pro 5 tablet). I got a few hours into it and saved. The next day I did the same...
  10. How do I switch back to local state save from cloud save on fallout shelter

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch back to local state save from cloud save on fallout shelter: Hi I like to switch back to my local state save because my vault was fully done up etc and I can't seem to have the prompt that xbox asks me which save file I like to use either cloud or local...