Fallout 4 not working on PC game pass.

Discus and support Fallout 4 not working on PC game pass. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! This is my second time dealing with this problem. I downloaded Fallout 4 and when I try to launch it, it asks for the administrator pin.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aliceonline, Jul 22, 2023.

1. aliceonline
    aliceonline Guest

Hi! This is my second time dealing with this problem. I downloaded Fallout 4 and when I try to launch it, it asks for the administrator pin. Immediately after I put in the pin, the game informs me that an applicable app license cannot be found. The Xbox app tells me I have error 0x87e50028. I have the Xbox PC Pass, and I downloaded it from the Xbox app. I've reset and repaired the game, windows store, and xbox app. I did wsreset.exe in command prompt. I also ran the command Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}. Nothing has worked. I've seen others ask the same question and not be answered. I've also looked the error up and have found nothing. I really want to play the game and it seems that no matter what I do, I can't.

:)

aliceonline, Jul 22, 2023
  2. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

xbox Beta App on PC - laptop not showing as listed device.

I don't believe Fallout 4 is part of the PC game pass although it is in the console game pass. This would be why you are only given the option to download it on your console.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi aliceonline,

I'm sorry if the previous troubleshooting did not resolve the issue, you may also contact our live support team for additional assistance.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. aliceonline Win User

Unfortunately, even after doing all of that, the game still gives me the same error code. At this point, I just won't play the game. But, thank you anyways.
  5. aliceonline Win User

I've done everything mentioned and I still get the same code and error. Except the Xbox cache, because I am not playing on a xbox console. I'm playing on a PC.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Can you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Troubleshoot Microsoft Store

Troubleshoot Store Apps

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Get Updates for Store and Games

Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the gameIf you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

See: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support
Thema:

1. Fallout 4 not working on PC game pass. - Similar Threads - Fallout working game

2. Fallout 76 Xbox PC looking for group posts is still not working…

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fallout 76 Xbox PC looking for group posts is still not working…: I have been playing fallout 76 Xbox Pc for a little over a year now after switching over from Xbox. This was the worst decision I could have ever made. Due to Microsoft’s incompetence there is no...
  3. Achievements aren't working for fallout 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievements aren't working for fallout 4: I've been achievement hunting and skyrim and minecraft achievements are working but fallout 4 achievements aren't 45acdfd8-d4ba-4d88-8860-563157bb286f
  4. Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?: I just bought fallout New Vegas for 2$.95 on Xbox game store And realize I forgot the DLCs but it's 25 to 30 bucks for the DLCs by themselves so I thought about getting a hard copy for 9.99 with...
  5. Why is Fallout 3 on PC game pass not working? I can't even start a new game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fallout 3 on PC game pass not working? I can't even start a new game.: I buy a subscription for "Ultimate" and the game crashes everytime I try to "Start New Game". Why is this happening? 9d4302ad-3fcf-4763-8f8d-422f649dbb5e
  6. Why does my new and fresh copy of Fallout 4 game of the year version does not work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my new and fresh copy of Fallout 4 game of the year version does not work?: I recently purchased a copy of the Fallout 4 GOTY version and the code inside the product does not work. I bought it off of eBay and when i received the package. it was fully sealed and it didn't...
  7. I do not work the game code fallout 3 xbox one

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I do not work the game code fallout 3 xbox one: Hi I have a code of fallout 3 for xbox one, but I could not download it, change region and the same, tell me to try later, I tried 10 times and the same, I need help,...
  8. Fallout Shelter In Game Purchase Does Not Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout Shelter In Game Purchase Does Not Work: I am playing Fallout Shelter on the Xbox One. I have made three in game purchases. However, I have tried to make other purchases over the past few days and it will not go to my account...
  9. free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work: I have an xbox one I played on the pc before so thought it would be nice to play older games I liked now on my xbox one i first bought fallout 4. It came with a free game code for fallout 3. I...
  10. Fallout 4 does not work after the last update of the game!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 4 does not work after the last update of the game!: Fallout 4 does not work after the last update of the game! Resetting the console, reinstalling the game did not help, and what to do now? When I roll the game, the menu jams and turns off....