Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save

Discus and support Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Fallout 3 successfully on my Xbox one for a few years now. Last week a save file got corrupted, which was no big deal since I had an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AmerisW, Aug 23, 2023.

1. AmerisW
    AmerisW Guest

I've been playing Fallout 3 successfully on my Xbox one for a few years now. Last week a save file got corrupted, which was no big deal since I had an auto save that wasn't too far back from it. So I just deleted the save and continued on. Well last night it started not saving unless I selected to save twice, and was still showing a corrupted save file even after deleting it. I tried deleting all my save files, and it still offered to "continue" a game that wasn't even showing up. I went into the simulated 360 dashboard and deleted the game there, and noticed an odd file that had no game thumbnail and just two symbols as the title (a vertical line and a small rectangle, in case it matters), which I deleted. This didn't change anything, so I deleted that odd file again, cleared the reserved space on my Xbox one, uninstalled the game and add one, then reinstalled it. The corrupted save file is still there, as is that odd file in the simulated 360 storage.

I don't know what else to do. I don't have the disc, I bought it from the Microsoft store and have the major DLCs for it. Any advice on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

:)

AmerisW, Aug 23, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello AmerisW! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you have an issue. It could be that there is a corrupted save in the cloud. Might be worth seeing if it is and deleting it. As it could be sending back to the console each time you delete it.
  3. TheOldRock84 Win User

Fallout 3 corrupted saves

Thank you so much! Apparently the last autosave was the culprit, now it's all ok.

Thank you again and have a nice day.
  4. TheOldRock84 Win User

When i get to manage i don't get a "delete save data"option.

Here's a screenshot
    [​IMG]
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi TheOld Rock,

I am understanding you are having a save issue with your game. To delete the save game data do the following;

Go to my games and apps, installed games, find the game, press start (three lines), manage game, go down to saves, on the save file press start (three lines), delete save data and choose delete everywhere, may have to do this twice until the save clears,
    once you do this you will not be able to recover it, you will have to restart the game over. Hope this helps
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Your Welcome and glad things worked out and you are able to play.
Thema:

1. Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save - Similar Threads - Fallout corrupted save

2. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  3. Fallout 76

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 76: Hi, are trap camps using punjis in Fallout 76? using in-game items to cause damage to players in-game, can it get you banned by Microsoft or Bethesda getting threatened by a player about it?...
  4. xbox cloud gaming fallout 4 crashing?

in XboX Insiders
    xbox cloud gaming fallout 4 crashing?: how can i fix or who do i need to get a hold of to figure out why fallout 4 crashes every time i try to play on cloud gaming? submitted by /u/PotentialJazzlike953 [link] [comments]
  5. Fallout 76 Xbox PC looking for group posts is still not working…

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fallout 76 Xbox PC looking for group posts is still not working…: I have been playing fallout 76 Xbox Pc for a little over a year now after switching over from Xbox. This was the worst decision I could have ever made. Due to Microsoft’s incompetence there is no...
  6. Will the Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible on Xbox Series X? Will Fallout 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible on Xbox Series X? Will Fallout 3...: Will the Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible on Xbox Series X? Will Fallout 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible with Xbox X series? Liam. V c487a30e-37cd-4c7c-a465-f333689f344a
  7. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  8. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  9. Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt: I have lost 4 saves of characters that were < level 20 because they were corrupt. I've tried deleting and resyncing and all that does is reset my character back to level 5 or so. I need a...
  10. Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...: Hello Due to the release of fallout 4 I finally decided to upgrade my 360 to an xbox one. I have played the console probably three times each time there has been a problem with my game saves. I...