fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app

Discus and support fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; just installed Fallout 3 thru the xbox app on my pc, this is a fresh install with no mods and it keeps crashing. as soon as i hit play from the fallout... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nathonsmalley, Jan 6, 2024.

1. fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app

just installed Fallout 3 thru the xbox app on my pc, this is a fresh install with no mods and it keeps crashing. as soon as i hit play from the fallout 3 launcher the screen goes black and looks like its loading but then it just crashes after a couple seconds. im running on windows 11 with an AMD mother board and GPU i have also tried running the game as administrator and running the game in compatibility mode for windows 7 but to no avail. i would really like for this to work so please help me out in figuring out what is going on.

:)

nathonsmalley, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Juan-Claude Philande Win User

Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?

I have the same error on my Desktop PC XBOX App keeps crashing without logging in. After I updated the App keeps crashing need asap help.
  3. Auswulf Win User

What game u be playing when the new forums are being born?

Probably some Fable anniversary and will probably muck around on Fallout 3 as New Vegas keeps crashing my 360.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Fallout 4 coming out November 10, 2015...yes...2015

To make Fallout 3 run properly on a typical Windows 7 or Windows 8 machine you actually NEED to mod it. To stabilise my Fallout 3 I had to install the FOSE mod, an anti-stuttering Mod and an anti-crash mod.

These modifications don't change the game, they just keep it stable. Without them the PC version is a bit of mess.

Got running now at 1080p with a near constant 60fps.
  5. JennySparkles Win User

issue with playing this on a pc that uses windows 7.

nothing appears it just crashes. He says it's not any of his hardware. He has read online people saying fallout 3 for the pc is not playable on windows 7 is that true?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

I bought fallout 3 from steam and it requires GFWL to run. but I get network issues when installing GFWL

Hi

Fallout 3 on Steam no longer needs GFWL and you can strip it out. I recommend you look at this guide from Steam:

ULTIMATE Fallout 3 Setup Guide READ THIS!

I highly recommend you follow all the instructions in that guide not just the removal of GWL. Fallout 3 can be glitchy and prone to crashes on Windows 10.

The version of Fallout 3 sold on GoG.com already has GFWL striped out, this is the one I own.
Thema:

fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app

1. fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app - Similar Threads - fallout keeps crashing

2. Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...: Why can't I play fallout 76 a923d6b0-3d69-4230-8a4e-e20a48921a84
  3. Why does fallout 4 keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does fallout 4 keep crashing?: Why does fallout 4 keep crashing? b787e840-07f3-4394-a379-fbf80b778807
  4. Fallout 4 gotye won't install. It just keeps stopping the installation and I have no idea...

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout 4 gotye won't install. It just keeps stopping the installation and I have no idea...: Title submitted by /u/i-mald [link] [comments]
  5. I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew: I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew f39682e4-6c5c-4013-b4db-96827f4aff06
  6. Error code 0x80070032 keeps popping up when trying to install fallout new vegas ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070032 keeps popping up when trying to install fallout new vegas ultimate...: Error code 0x80070032 keeps popping up when trying to install fallout new vegas ultimate edition. I'm using disc two so I can get the dlc but no matter what I do, it keeps canceling the install....
  7. Help! I keep having to reinstall my content, specifially the DLC's for fallout 4. Super...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I keep having to reinstall my content, specifially the DLC's for fallout 4. Super...: Help! I keep having to reinstall my content, specifially the DLC's for fallout 4. Super frustrating. Can xbox just leave my console alone? Id rather not have to reinstall all my content everytime...
  8. Why does Fallout New Vegas keep freezing after character customisation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Fallout New Vegas keep freezing after character customisation: everytime i open FNV it keeps freezing when i get done making a character. i tried everything like hard resetting my xbox,uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing cache so im still trying to...
  9. Why do I keep getting ripped off on fallout 4 when I buy Creation Club points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting ripped off on fallout 4 when I buy Creation Club points: I've been trying to buy creation Club points now for the past three or four days and I can't get them on game past PC but when I bought them on my Xbox One I had no problem can you please help me...
  10. Game not working 0x800705b4 keep coming only on fallout 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game not working 0x800705b4 keep coming only on fallout 4: my game wouldn't work soo uninstall it and reinstalled it. it then needed a update. but the same error message pops up. something went wrong 0x800705b4 please help....