Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

Discus and support Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SuperWashingTub, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in Fallout 3 seems to consistently result in corrupt saves. First time It loaded my save in Vault 87, even though the Raven Rock save was perfectly functional. Every other time, starting up the game with a Raven Rock save as the most recent save causes the entire game to freeze the moment it tries to sync to my cloud saves. Typically I can just delete these and continue from an earlier save in-game, but I can't even reach that option in this situation.

I have restarted AND rebooted the system, and reinstalled Fallout 3. There is no option to "Delete Everywhere" when I delete my Cloud Saves, so every time I delete the saves it just redownloads the corrupt save every time I boot up. This is legitimately preventing me from even accessing my game to even just start over, so I'm fairly stuck with no resolution Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save? :( I'm going to see if the problem persists on Xbox 360, too, as I've never seen a corrupt save file THIS damaging before lol

:)

SuperWashingTub, Nov 13, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

Hi, I’m sorry to hear that the potential solution I shared didn’t work in your particular case.

However, it’s good to know that you were able to solve the issue by using an Xbox 360, SuperWashingTub.
  3. SuperWashingTub Win User

IThabk you for the assistance. This solution sadly did not work for me(Fallout 3 was also the only game that was having troubles, I had previously tested), but I did bs my own solution!

I was able to load FO3 on my 360, as the corrupted files could not be downloaded to the system and therefore could not freeze the game, so I simply restarted Raven Rock and had to get through without any saves. I can confirm that each and every autosave during the quest was messed up, on each floor of the complex, and my 360 was very much struggling with the layout, lotsa screen tearing I've never dealt with lol

I made it out and got two new clean saves in the Wasteland that load properly.

Edit: I couldn't find anyone else who had such troubles with the Enclave Base so hopefully anyone else experiencing this trouble can get their game back in gear!
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, SuperWashingTub. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Please try deleting the corrupted saved data by following these steps:

1. Open any other Xbox 360 game on your console
    2. Press the view + menu buttons on your controller. This will open the Xbox 360 menu.
    3. Go to manage storage (select Yes if you’re prompted to close the game)
    4. Go to saved games and locate Fallout 3
    5. Press Y on your controller once you have highlighted the game and select Yes.

Now, please open Fallout 3 and verify if you can play the game normally.

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
  5. ianbann82 Win User

Graveyard.sav

might be a good idea to put a copy of our saved games in the cloud? this should protect your file if your main save becomes corrupted you could just delete it and load in the cloud save
  6. michaelkoch248 Win User

Elden Ring

Bandai Namco stating that the problem lies in a corrupted save file in either local save or in the cloud. My first step in combatting this problem was to delete my local save data and the data will not download from the cloud onto my system until I am able to load past the start screen. Since I cannot download the data to my local system I cannot delete it from the cloud from my system. Is there any way to delete the cloud save data in order to play the game again? I really enjoyed the game and would like to be able to play again.
Thema:

1. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save? - Similar Threads - Fallout Corrupt Save

2. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  3. Fallout 76

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 76: Hi, are trap camps using punjis in Fallout 76? using in-game items to cause damage to players in-game, can it get you banned by Microsoft or Bethesda getting threatened by a player about it?...
  4. xbox cloud gaming fallout 4 crashing?

in XboX Insiders
    xbox cloud gaming fallout 4 crashing?: how can i fix or who do i need to get a hold of to figure out why fallout 4 crashes every time i try to play on cloud gaming? submitted by /u/PotentialJazzlike953 [link] [comments]
  5. Fallout 76 Xbox PC looking for group posts is still not working…

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fallout 76 Xbox PC looking for group posts is still not working…: I have been playing fallout 76 Xbox Pc for a little over a year now after switching over from Xbox. This was the worst decision I could have ever made. Due to Microsoft’s incompetence there is no...
  6. Will the Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible on Xbox Series X? Will Fallout 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible on Xbox Series X? Will Fallout 3...: Will the Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible on Xbox Series X? Will Fallout 3 Xbox 360 disc be compatible with Xbox X series? Liam. V c487a30e-37cd-4c7c-a465-f333689f344a
  7. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  8. Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 on Xbox one corrupted save: I've been playing Fallout 3 successfully on my Xbox one for a few years now. Last week a save file got corrupted, which was no big deal since I had an auto save that wasn't too far back from it....
  9. Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt: I have lost 4 saves of characters that were < level 20 because they were corrupt. I've tried deleting and resyncing and all that does is reset my character back to level 5 or so. I need a...
  10. Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...: Hello Due to the release of fallout 4 I finally decided to upgrade my 360 to an xbox one. I have played the console probably three times each time there has been a problem with my game saves. I...