Failing Hard Drive?

Discus and support Failing Hard Drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think the hard drive is failing on my XB1 Installing games from disk is horiffic, i recently installed Payday and it took almost 3 hours to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by liamBWFC, Sep 15, 2015.

1. liamBWFC
    liamBWFC Guest

Failing Hard Drive?

I think the hard drive is failing on my XB1

Installing games from disk is horiffic, i recently installed Payday and it took almost 3 hours to complete. FIFA 16 Demo took around 2 hours and i am on 100mb fibre broadband, again i would pin this with the hard drive

I play Batman Arkham Knight and this took around 3 hours to install, when loading i get some cinematic problems where the video/sound is lagging/freezing but when i begin playing it is fine. During the game, cinematic cut-scenes are laggy also

These are the only issues i have been experiencing but it looks to me like i am having disk errors.

I contacted XB1 live chat support and they strung out the usual restart, text connection etc and then after 1hour the person passed me through to network experts who had no idea of the issue and was back to square one.

Any suggestions welcome

Liam

:)

liamBWFC, Sep 15, 2015
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Can't connect to x box live

Please do!

My firm belief is a failing hard drive.

taidara, Sep 15, 2015
  3. call of duty black ops problem

It sounds like the hard drive has developed a fault. The 360 gives the same error for a failing hard drive as it does for failing to read a disc game. It looks like you need a new HDD, sorry.

Obsessive Power, Sep 15, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Failing Hard Drive?

Hey mate,

3hrs is quite normal for an install mate, its long but they can sometimes take ages depending on the size of the game. This is being looked into, so hopefully will get fixed in an update in the future.

When installing from disc, i've been told that if you disconnect from live, it can go through quicker. Go into settings, then into network and hit "Go offline". Once its offline, install the game. It should go WAY faster Failing Hard Drive? :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Sep 15, 2015
  5. DENAz666 Win User

Failing Hard Drive?

Hey mate,

3hrs is quite normal for an install mate, its long but they can sometimes take ages depending on the size of the game. This is being looked into, so hopefully will get fixed in an update in the future.

When installing from disc, i've been told that if you disconnect from live, it can go through quicker. Go into settings, then into network and hit "Go offline". Once its offline, install the game. It should go WAY faster :)

Cheers

Denaz
  6. whyayemincepie Win User

hard drive fail

Are you set to save games to the cloud storage?

If not, try the steps below and let me know how you get on.

1) First of try removing the hard drive to make sure there is no damage to the unit, when fitting the hard drive back ensure the connection is solid. Check the link if your unsure on how to do this:

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

2) Then perform a format, if there is any data left on the drive make sure to back it up first so you can restore it after the format. Check this link and scroll down to "Format a storage device" for the correct way to do this:

support.xbox.com/.../storage
  7. claytonstatus92 Win User

hard drive fail

It has happened like 4 times in the past couple of months, and its profiles and data all gone
  8. whyayemincepie Win User

hard drive fail

How often is it deleting the data and is it deleting all the data or just user profiles?
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 slim corrupting files?

Hi,

Simple answer, your hard drive is failing. Fix? Buy a new hard drive or use an external hard drive. The Xbox 360 supports external hard drives up to 2 TB.

Hard drives die and before they do, they generally exhibit, disk read errors, corrupted files none working games. Hard disk drives are mechanical with moving parts, its it not if they fail its a matter of when.
Thema:

Failing Hard Drive?

1. Failing Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - Failing Hard Drive

2. Hi i have a failed refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have a failed refund: Hi can anyone assist me I have a failed refund and when i sent Microsoft an email requesting them to ratcher credit my xbox account with the money so that i can pay for gamepass with it they...
  3. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  4. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  5. Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?: My hard drive has stopped working for some reason and is where all my games were stored. It will be very expensive to try to recover it. Can I just buy a new hard drive and still keep ALL my...
  6. Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.: Two brand new Series X; 1 fails with wired. One installed flawlessly, downloading all games using wired 1G connection. 2nd unit would start downloading ok, then speed would drop away to nothing...
  7. Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.: How can I get my PC's storage space back? I was downloading a game when my computer closed the xbox app, the game did not download but the space on my hard drive has been used and cannot be...
  8. Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail: I believe I have the Original Xbox One and have been facing the black screen of death for a very long time. Each time, I have simply done a soft reset, then it stopped working (sent me back to the...
  9. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?: So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my...
  10. hard drive fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive fail: the data on my 360 slim hard drive keeps deleting can any one tell me why 266f1bdf-d211-4ff4-bfdc-19f046479049