failed update, now controller just blinks and it wont sync

Discus and support failed update, now controller just blinks and it wont sync in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i tried to update my controller last night and after the update reached 100% i was told there was an error and the controller did not work after that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by faygo turkey, Sep 17, 2016.

1. faygo turkey
    faygo turkey Guest

i tried to update my controller last night and after the update reached 100% i was told there was an error and the controller did not work after that and all it would do was blink. So as any reasonable person would do I restarted my console. As of now ive
    restarted my console many times, i have it plugged into a USB, and ive been on plenty of forums and all problems have been close but a USB worked for other people. If I go to devices and accessories to try to restart the update the controller is not seen by
    the xbox. I plugged it into my laptop aswell and this "update" made my controller completely unrecognizable at this point. and now all it does is blink if you hold the sync button there is no change in blinking speed, and from what i can tell no commands are
    being picked up from the controller either.

:)

faygo turkey, Sep 17, 2016
  2. NOT turning on

My xbox controller wont turn on after trying to update it (it failed) it wont even let the light blink o the xbox button

SpectralGamer47, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Vavant
    Vavant Guest
    Cant sync my xbox one controller

ok so i used my controller on my nefews xboxone s so he could play with his sister now it wont re sync with my xbox one the button on the console does nothing and usb cable controller just blinks fast ive done hard re set and nothing works if i need another
    xbox one i wont buy another as my saves arent backed up and if that happens i just give up

Vavant, Sep 17, 2016
  4. failed update, now controller just blinks and it wont sync

Hey there faygo turkey,

Sorry to hear about the controller not connecting to the console. Please give
    this guide
    a shot and let us know how it goes!

Mister Mascot, Sep 19, 2016
  5. faygo turkey
    faygo turkey Guest
    Maybe somehow you missed that im not a complete dumb *** and i have tried all the simple stuff and more innovative ways to fix the problem without success. My controller is now a brick that i cant even get my laptop to recognize as anything being connected.
    All the controller does is steadily blink for days on end no matter what buttons i press, the sync button does not change the pace of the blinking. That update destroyed my controller so lets just skip the bull *** and send me a new controller, please.

faygo turkey, Oct 31, 2018
  6. faygo turkey Win User

Maybe somehow you missed that im not a complete dumb *** and i have tried all the simple stuff and more innovative ways to fix the problem without success. My controller is now a brick that i cant even get my laptop to recognize as anything being connected.
    All the controller does is steadily blink for days on end no matter what buttons i press, the sync button does not change the pace of the blinking. That update destroyed my controller so lets just skip the bull *** and send me a new controller, please.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there faygo turkey,

Sorry to hear about the controller not connecting to the console. Please give
    this guide
    a shot and let us know how it goes!
  8. DeviousWolf89 Win User

Xbox one x not working

Tried it but the console wont sync, Push the button on the controller it blinking like normal but then push the button on the console and it dont blink or do anything
  9. dimondbullet04 Win User

Xbox One Controller will not sync

I recently tried updating my controller but the update failed, now my controller wont sync with my xbox and also will not sync with a micro usb cable. The light wont flash faster if I press the sync button on the controller. I would like to update the controller
    and possibly solve the problem but since it wont become recognizable to any of my devices I can't. I need urgent help.

- Thanks
    try to get your controller checked out by an expert because most of the time it's the stuff that are inside that either needs servising or replacing the componets inside
  10. D3tran Win User

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller in Windows 7 with PC Gaming Receiver (Not working)

I'm running out of hope here...

First I'd like to make it perfect clear that I have installed the correct software and manually updated the driver.

After that process, my controller synced perfectly and was working fine until I had the bright idea to re-sync it to the xbox...

Well after that It wont sync to the received on PC...

I cleared the drivers and uninstalled the software to install it again and it didn't work...

The controller ended de-syncing from xbox with the many attempts I had to sync it to the wireless receiver.

So now...none of my controllers will sync with the receiver even after following all steps for the software and driver. I keeps blinking (going in circles) and it doesn't sync...

Anyone has any ideas why this is happening...I mean it was working and now it won't...
Thema:

1. failed update, now controller just blinks and it wont sync - Similar Threads - failed update controller

2. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  3. Xbox 360 Update Fails 4467-4497-1381-0300-C800-0036

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Update Fails 4467-4497-1381-0300-C800-0036: I've recently bought a 360 secondhand Everytime I try and update the xbox it fails with error code 4467-4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 I have followed all the troubleshooting steps. The update also...
  4. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  5. Why does my xbox update fail?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox update fail?: So I have a Xbox one and recently like 3 days ago it needed an update, I pressed update and it will only go up to 66% after that it says that there was an error and gives me 4 options, like...
  6. Xbox One offline Update Failed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One offline Update Failed: So My Original Xbox one Has The Xbox One X OS And the Hdd Is from Another Xbox one that has the normal OS. When I Use OSU1 It Passed Download And Verifying But at 77% of applying I Throws Out a...
  7. One x: failing during verification of offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    One x: failing during verification of offline system update: Hello everyone, I'm having some very annoying issues with my Xbox. It was purchased second hand and when I booted it up it started "preparing the console" which then gave me the error code E106...
  8. Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset: After attempting to install latest update on my Series X it no longer works, I'm currently out for warranty since it's a first Gen. Why am I required to pay $300 to repair something I did not...
  9. ***Xbox Alpha Update Keeps Failing***

in XboX Insiders
    ***Xbox Alpha Update Keeps Failing***: Yesterday the Alpha update downloaded just fine for me but todays alpha update that released at 6:30pm Central failed twice for me. First time 2 mins in it failed. So then I did it again and it...
  10. XBOX ONE OFFLINE UPDATE FAILS

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE OFFLINE UPDATE FAILS: My Xbox One S Hard Drive was wiped, but I know for a fact it still works like new because I tried using the hard drive with a PC, and it worked perfectly fine. The issue is when I try to perform...