Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service

Discus and support Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting this error "Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service" yet I have gamepass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Megatronhalo06, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service

Hello, I've been getting this error "Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service" yet I have gamepass Ultimate and have had it for years. it will let me install any game but will not allow me to play Cloud on anything. Either consoles, PC or mobile it will not let me play cloud

I am not sure what to do, any help or suggestions?

:)

Megatronhalo06, Oct 3, 2023
  2. Megatronhalo Win User

Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service

I tried everything recommended and still can't cloud game on anything console pc or mobile. And I assure you that I am subscribed to gamepass ultimate, so I'll take the next steps and contact Microsoft about the issue. Thanks for the help tho, hopefully I'll get it working soon
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Megatronhalo06,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are experiencing an error message when trying to start a cloud gaming session, even though you have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, but I will do my best to assist you in resolving this issue.

Firstly, I would like to ask if you have tried signing out and signing back in to your Xbox account on all devices you are trying to access cloud gaming on? This can sometimes help refresh your account and resolve any issues with your subscription.

If that does not work, I recommend checking if your Game Pass Ultimate subscription is up to date and active. You can do this by logging into your Microsoft account on the Xbox website and checking your subscription status. If your subscription is not active, you may need to renew it or contact Microsoft support for further assistance. Learn more: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions

If your subscription is active, but you are still experiencing the error message, I suggest clearing your cache and cookies on your web browser or mobile device. This can help resolve any issues with your device's connection to the cloud gaming service.

Additionally, you can try resetting your network settings on your device or checking your internet connection to ensure that it is stable and strong enough to support cloud gaming.

Learn more: Troubleshoot problems with cloud gaming | Xbox Support

I hope this information helps you resolve your issue with cloud gaming. We look forward for your response.

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Megatronhalo,

Thank you for your response.

We hope that our live support will able to give you workaround that might help you with your concern. If incase you need to reach them, just follow the steps below:

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Failed to start cloud gaming session

6. SimonWarbrick Win User

Failed to start cloud gaming session

I have exactly the same issue and I’m getting no help whatsoever from here. I don’t know what else to do apart from through the dam thing out the window.
Thema:

1. Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service - Similar Threads - Failed start cloud

2. Gamepass PC fails to start

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepass PC fails to start: Xbox app on PC just fails to start repeatedly, it launches, shows the Xbox logo for 20 seconds then closes itself. I have tried: Registry edits Reinstalling Xbox app wsreset.exe SFC Gaming...
  3. Xbox Series X Flight Simulator will not start up. Fails when connecting to the cloud.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Flight Simulator will not start up. Fails when connecting to the cloud.: It's starts to connect to the cloud and fails back to home screen. Worked for two hours yesterday with Microsoft doing factory reset etc...and it's still not working and they closed my ticket....
  4. Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...: Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud gaming session. It is not a internet issue as we can play Forza Horizon 5 and other game pass games. We...
  5. Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers: I'm trying to play Coral island on my Xbox series S, I just played it last night with no issues, but now as of 1:24 pm EST. I'm getting a failed to start cloud gaming session unable to communicate...
  6. Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...: Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it shows failed all of the time. I have deleted my account and re added it but it’s no different. I have tried adding a new account but still the same outcome...
  7. How do I fix the error code "20002, open service failed", when trying to start Fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the error code "20002, open service failed", when trying to start Fortnite.: I keep getting an error code while trying to boot up Fortnite. It's 20002, open service failed, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. However, it only pops up about 80-90% of the time I try...
  8. FSX:SE failing to start (steam.dll failing module)

in XBoX on Windows
    FSX:SE failing to start (steam.dll failing module): Hi, been having an issue with FSX failing to start. I have checked the crash logs which identify 'steam.dll' to be the failing module. Does anybody know how to remedy this? Many thanks for any...
  9. Failed to start cloud gaming session

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session: Every time I want to play something in the cloud I get this error "Failed to start cloud gaming session. Unable to communicate with servers. Please try again" but yesterday it works fine. There's...
  10. When will we be able to upgrade internal SSD without cloning as SSDs are starting to fail?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to upgrade internal SSD without cloning as SSDs are starting to fail?: as we are seeing SSDs in the next gen consoles are starting to fail me and im sure many want to upgrade our storage, why is this not implemented as you can do this with a PS5...