Factory reset on xbox (where deletes everything) going delete for example infected files...

Discus and support Factory reset on xbox (where deletes everything) going delete for example infected files... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to know if I get something from Edge like virus or something. 9d8f6072-c443-425d-a0c2-2f653e026804 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yqe Equinox, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Yqe Equinox
    Yqe Equinox Guest

Factory reset on xbox (where deletes everything) going delete for example infected files...

I need to know if I get something from Edge like virus or something.

:)

Yqe Equinox, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Yqe Equinox Win User

Factory reset on xbox (where deletes everything) going delete for example infected files and/or corrupted ones?

In Xbox setting > account settings > privacy & online safely > app privacy > general settings

Has Smartscreen, it's going work only on Edge? And what there apps means exactly?
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Factory reset on xbox (where deletes everything) going delete for example infected files and/or corrupted ones?

Hi again.

SmartScreen on Xbox consoles is primarily used in the Microsoft Edge browser, as it is a filter that helps protect users from sites that are reported to host phishing attacks or distribute malicious software through socially engineered attacks (please note that Xbox consoles cannot be infected with viruses or malware, so this would only apply to phishing on these devices, and also, it's not possible to download anything from Microsoft Edge on Xbox consoles).

You can find more information on how SmartScreen works through the following links:

https://support.microsoft.com/micro...oft-edge-1c9a874a-6826-be5e-45b1-67fa445a74c8

https://learn.microsoft.com/previou...ows-server-2012-R2-and-2012/jj618329(v=ws.11)

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Yqe, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Yes, resetting the Xbox console to its factory settings can help correct issues related to corrupt or damaged system files of the console's operating system because this process essentially reinstalls the console's operating system. As for viruses, you don't need to worry because Xbox consoles cannot be infected with viruses in any way.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Best regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Can't create passkey for my home account Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008

Hello Defualt,

Thanks for coming to the forums. You tried a factory reset, if so which one? If you only tried the one where you keep games and apps, we recommend to try the full factory reset where you delete everything. There could be a corrupt file causing the issues.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Installation stops at 0% for digital downloads

Hello Carbon,

Being you done most the troubleshooting for this issue, as support will have you do this also. We recommend to do a full factory reset where you delete everything. Reason for this is due to games being corrupt, this will also reset the console to factory
    default.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

When you select the reset, select reset and delete everything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Factory reset on xbox (where deletes everything) going delete for example infected files... - Similar Threads - Factory reset where

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  7. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  10. my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart

in XBoX on Windows
    my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart: I don't know what is happening with my Xbox one s Btw This is LIL Flame3607 564710e6-9600-4cfe-bbdc-4385f9190a0b