Factory reset consumes a home Xbox switch - Is this intended? XSX Alpha Skip-Ahead

Discus and support Factory reset consumes a home Xbox switch - Is this intended? XSX Alpha Skip-Ahead in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; \edit: Before creating this post I contacted Xbox Support regarding the home Xbox switch consumption specifically while doing a factory reset as a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HueSplat, Aug 23, 2024.

1. /u/HueSplat
    /u/HueSplat Guest

Factory reset consumes a home Xbox switch - Is this intended? XSX Alpha Skip-Ahead

\edit: Before creating this post I contacted Xbox Support regarding the home Xbox switch consumption specifically while doing a factory reset as a troubleshooting step, they advised me to report/contact the insider team**

Hey, just wanted to check, is it intended to consume a home Xbox switch when factory resetting and signing into the same console with the same account as part of a troubleshooting step?

If so, is there a workaround to not consume a switch doing a factory reset?

I did factory resets as a part of troubleshooting, in the process it has used 2 home Xbox switches, this is pretty concerning.
    Sure, you may think it is rare to require a factory reset, however a factory reset is a basic troubleshooting step with anything, especially beta or insider builds of operating systems.

Below is what happened, the issues are resolved, I do not need help with the below issues:

I was encountering numerous strange intermittent issues, unable to launch games and apps, unable to report a problem (either would do nothing at all or load forever), unable to manage or uninstall games and apps, extremely slow, unresponsive system doing anything at all, would often have to hold the power button or remove power from the console, nothing ever crashed though it just got extremely slow.
    Wired home internet connection has been fine and reliable. Don't use WiFi. No external devices plugged into the Xbox.

The issue began around 2409.240808-2200 started off as some general weirdness and unresponsiveness which progressively got worse over time until the above issues completely "took over", I did manage to update to 2409.240819-2200, gave up and did the below.

Tried a factory reset which completed but did not help.
    Dropped console out of insider builds which did not help.
    Factory reset on the general release (non insider) build did not help.
    Factory reset from the startup troubleshooter did not help.

As a last resort I did the following all in one go, I factory reset from settings, factory reset from startup troubleshooter, ran OSU1, factory reset from startup troubleshooter AND BAM, everything is working fine.
    I tested and confirmed all was working correctly on the general release build and enrolled again in skip ahead which went smoothly and everything is running sweet.

I do not think it is an Insider build problem, I think I just got super unlucky with a file issue that somehow wasn't repaired/replaced with a factory reset/refresh or obviously it could be a potential hardware issue like a dying SSD.

I will be monitoring how the console goes and if a similar issue occurs I'll probably just get a replacement.
    Again, so far, it is working perfectly with no issues after OSU+factory reset.

submitted by /u/HueSplat
    [link] [comments]

/u/HueSplat, Aug 23, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: