Extreme latency

Discus and support Extreme latency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Appologies if this gets a little long winded but I wanted to present as much facts as thoroughly possible in a hope to resolve my issues. I have been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DiscombobulatedJade, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Extreme latency

Appologies if this gets a little long winded but I wanted to present as much facts as thoroughly possible in a hope to resolve my issues.

I have been playing Starfield on XBox Cloud (and loving) Game Pass with almost zero latency, cetrainly not noticable, yet any other game has latency of 30 seconds to minutes. Oddly in some games I can hear the game respond (audible clicks) as I press a button almost instantly but the visual can take multiple seconds to repsond as I said in some cases minutes. During this time the game continues to animated normally. I use the XBox PC app and am playing all games remotely using the XBox cloud game pass, there are no local installs.

Every search I do says my pc is not up to specification but two things here :-

• I have absolutely no issues playing Starfield, no video artifacts, no audio glitches and very responsive!
    • Whilst my pc is old hence wanting to play cloud games, it is, I believe above minimum specification and bear in mind I am not running any game locally:
      • a first gen Intel i7-950 Quad core, 12Gb ram, SSD's running up to date Windows 10.
      • AMD Radeon HD5800 graphics.
      • Physically connected to router, no WIFI.
      • 60Mbps download, 16Mbps upload , at a minimum from testing. Home broadband, Fibre to the cabinet, BT. No ther users on the network except my phone which is not doing anything.
    I have tried with all antiviruses disabled (ESET and Malwarebytes), no difference and have now even added specific rules for xbox cloud app, still no difference.

I have switched my router (ASUS) to gamer mode, no difference.

I have tried having all things other than XBox app closed, no task tray for things such a Steam, no difference.

I am trying to play stand alone in all cases, no voice chat, it is disabled in the xbox app.

I have tried the following games amonst many all with the same issues. Wartales, Skyrim, Common' Hood, No Man's Sky, Like a Dragon: Ishin, From Space.

I am in the UK and one article (as recommened by Bing chat) suggested the hosting servers may not be local to me, something I can understand but I feel this would not introduce latency in the tens of seconds. I could understand it would be difficult to play competitive shooter but this is not my case.

I would appreciate any guidance or constructive comment.

Kind regards.

:)

DiscombobulatedJade, Nov 4, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Extreme latency