External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

Discus and support External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc I would check the formatting of the drive on the PC and make sure your... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by VirtualGuide233, Jul 2, 2018.

1. External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

I would check the formatting of the drive on the PC and make sure your using the right format.

My guess is you may have it partitioned in a way the Xbox may not see it, or a format that is not recognised.

Make sure it has one partition to be sure.

Troubleshoot External Storage Drive Detection | Xbox One External Storage

:)

VirtualGuide233, Jul 2, 2018
  2. DougRomeu
    DougRomeu Guest
    External Hard Drive Problems, won't recognize

I've used my seagate 3tb external hard drive for about a month to store games with no problems at all. After signing in the other day my external hard drive no longer shows up on my xbox one. I've tried everything to fix it,even restoring my xbox. I've plugged
    it into my pc and reformated it back to NTFS, but it doesn't show up on my xbox anymore when I plug it in. I can't format it to use as game storage and it doesn't read it as media storage. On my pc it shows up just fine, it's a brand new external,and it was
    working just fine on my xbox until just the other day.

DougRomeu, Jul 2, 2018
  3. My 300GB Hitachi HDD not working on Xbox 360 after update

Replugging my drive with any combonation of powering my console on and off doesnt work. I have several USB Thumb Drives that work in my console just fine. My USB 3.0 cable for the External Hard Drive gets powered by the console, but still will not show up.

Poisoned Wiener, Jul 2, 2018
  4. External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Jul 3, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: