External/ Internal

Discus and support External/ Internal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why whenever i install it game on external and it’s done and i try to play it but right when it try to play it, It makes me download it on the internal... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Htownz on 60 FPS, Apr 21, 2024.

1. External/ Internal

Why whenever i install it game on external and it’s done and i try to play it but right when it try to play it, It makes me download it on the internal drive does anybody know why it makes me do that?!

:)

Htownz on 60 FPS, Apr 21, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

External/ Internal

I'm assuming you're referring to a Series S/X. If so, Series S/X optimized games can only be run from the internal drive or one of the expansion cards made for those consoles. Other external storage devices can store the games, but they will have to be moved to be able to run them. They can store and play older games though.
  3. Tarnend Win User

Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

are the games installed on an external drive or the internal one, if on an external then move to internal and try again, if on internal then move to external and try again, to see if its a drive issue, if thats possible that is.
  4. BraddingoHD Win User

All digital games won't install saying "installing"

Do you have room on your internal/external storage? sometimes games require storage on internal and external
  5. Tarnend Win User

War zone not working on Xbox One

do you have the game installed to the internal hard drive or an external one? if on an external then move to internal and try again
  6. ROD TWISM Win User

How does Copying (not moving) games to en external Hard drive work?

Once you copy from internal to external, the internal one will disappear after the process is done. So you are basically just moving it from one to the other. After you move all your games to the external drive. There will be a tab above your games that
    lets you choose internal/external "source". If you choose internal it will show empty if you have moved all your games to the external.
Thema:

External/ Internal

1. External/ Internal - Similar Threads - External Internal

2. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  3. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  4. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  5. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  6. How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage: I just switched from xb1 to series x and on of my games is installed on my external and internal storage, i tried to move them both to internal but it wont let me until my game finishes upgrading,...
  7. Quick question i have a x box one s i take the internal hard drive can I make a external...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick question i have a x box one s i take the internal hard drive can I make a external...: Pls submitted by /u/Temporary-Grass8116 [link] [comments]
  8. bigger internal and external ssd size

in XboX Insiders
    bigger internal and external ssd size: English not main language so sorry sorry is already asked but hi 1 is there plan to make bigger external ssd for the serie x or s the one that goes into the expansion slot in the back 2 tb is...
  9. How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?: How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive? 296f134f-438e-418f-82be-9e1d082c657c
  10. Can you transfer games between an external and internal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you transfer games between an external and internal?: Is there a way to properly transfer any game from my external D drive to my internal C drive? Anytime I've tried to do this the Xbox application just tells me to reinstall it rather than...