External HDD not launching games or apps

Discus and support External HDD not launching games or apps in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GlennGreenCow, Apr 21, 2024.

1. External HDD not launching games or apps

Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I unplug the HDD and reconnect it to the Xbox it will launch an app or game, but once I close it or try to launch a different one it’ll run into the same error until I disconnect the HDD and reconnect it.

submitted by /u/GlennGreenCow
    [link] [comments]

/u/GlennGreenCow, Apr 21, 2024
  2. LittleBigPlanet Win User

Slow starting to move games to external hdd

I had support chat with Xbone support team about external hdd issues such as moving certain content.

Certain content just would not install or move to the external hdd. My external hdd is Lacie Rugged Mini 2TB USB 3.0 (tested fine on both MACs and PCs) before formatting on Xbox One for Games and Apps.

Once a game or app does not install externally it would not move to the external hdd.

My 360 moves games or apps almost always successfully.

This externally hdd moving issues along with certain games and apps not installing on it is causing major headaches. I also already tested with another brand which as tested on both MACs and PCs fine but with Xbox One it is becoming an issue.

I believe it is a combination of digital rights management, account issue, along with Xbone system software.
  3. ThorX360 Win User

Can't update?

Are you using an external HDD for games&apps?
  4. Melita Foo Win User

Sea of thieves crashes on Startup

Try move the game onto an external hdd and launch it from there if you have one i had same problem. Turns out my xbox hdd was failing.
  5. LittleBigPlanet Win User

Installations failing on external drives

I had the same issues with certain games and apps not installing on the external USB 3.0 Lacie Rugged Mini 2TB HDD.

Once the games or apps would not install on the external HDD it will not move to the external HDD either.

The HDD is not faulty. I believe it is fine. I tried with several brands myself and they are fine on the Macs and PCs.

I believe it is digital rights management issues along with Xbone system software issues.

I hope Xbone engineering team resolve this soon as I cannot buy any games from the store since I cannot install on the external HDD.
  6. Frathos Win User

Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?

AFAIK, game dvr saves are stored in the reserved part of the internal HDD. That internal storage space is limited so to allow extended clips the option to use an external HDD was added however it can only be used with an NTFS formatted HDD. An NTFS formatted
    HDD cannot however be used to save games and apps which need an Xbox format so you will need to chose between the two usage cases or add a second external HDD if you wish to have both external games/apps storage and game dvr clips.
Thema:

External HDD not launching games or apps

1. External HDD not launching games or apps - Similar Threads - External HDD launching

2. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  5. External HDD issue with Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue with Xbox series S: My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from internal storage will start to slow down the...
  6. External HDD and External SSD issues.

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD and External SSD issues.: Is anyone else having an issue. Where if you plug up an external HDD or and External SSD. It keeps disconnecting your controllers. While playing a game? This has only been happening since the...
  7. Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?: Hi.My xbox one s hard drive just died. Repair at service is expensive but external hdd is cheap.Is it possible to isntall OS on it? f7d7749e-1191-46e2-a99d-f312e6567787
  8. External HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue: I recently connected an external HDD to my series X. The console formats and detects the drive just fine yet when i power the system on it won't connect to the network. I'm using a wired...
  9. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....
  10. Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.: Good day, get always error when trying move games to external hdd abd or ssd from storage card xsx. Anyone else or just me have error? submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]