External HDD issue with Xbox series S

Discus and support External HDD issue with Xbox series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by trev williams, Mar 1, 2024.

1. External HDD issue with Xbox series S

My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from internal storage will start to slow down the eventually the external HDD will disconnect from the Xbox. If I reset the Xbox (holding button down for 10 seconds) the Xbox will reboot and sometimes it will recognize the external HDD again but the transfer will not continue. I have tried various games all of which stop at about 3GB. I have managed to move Xbox 360 games across but again when it gets to about 3GB full it starts to play up. I have tried a new lead for external HDD. I have also tried downloading games from store directly to the external HDD but every time it stops around 3GB. The External HDD is a 2TB Seagate drive. The external HDD passes all tests on seagate tools program when plugged into windows. I have also used disk clean to wipe drive and format as NTFS prior to installing on Xbox again. Every time I get the same result. This has only started occurring since Xbox update late February 2024. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

trev williams, Mar 1, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Is my version of callisto protocol next gen?

Do you have the one s or the series s

The one s is NOT series console

Also it MUST BE installed on the internal or external storage card not.external hdds

Next gen games cannot be installed on external hdds as they are just too slow

With the current state of.calisto protocol.it's best not.to use Ray tracing unless you have a series x as even high end pcs have trouble with it
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Storage device, Series X/S

external hdd's are not fast enough for the new series s/x optimised games and therefore have to run off the internal ssd or the new expansion cards, all xbox one games and 360 BC games can run off your external hdd.
  4. Verified ✅9 Win User

What do I do if my Xbox won’t let me have no more then 4. Games and I have a external storage but it keeps making me move all my games

series s and x games can only run from the internal storage or official (rip off) expansion card. only xbox one and 360 bc games can run off the external hdd.
    So I cannot download GTA Xbox series s/x edition on my external hardware?
  5. ngocphi Win User

I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.

If you are referring to disk games stored on external hdd they don't apply

Only digital games downloaded from Xbox live work on series s
  6. ngocphi Win User

Slow Xbox one x (Not Series Console)

Fyi series consoles are just xboxes series x or s

Not xbox one series

Just to reduce the confusion

You gotta remember people mistake xbox one x for a series x when it comes to requirements for example flight simulator

With xbox one games they don't have a listing for s or x they are all compatible

Where series s or x just means digital or disk

Disk games don't work with series s or one s digital edition

Back to your problem.

Are you using an external hdd ?

Also when it slows down again is it because you are filling up your hdd?

As space becomes less computers do slow down

It would be better to get an external drive and put infrequent games on there so you don't too much things on your internal drive
Thema:

External HDD issue with Xbox series S

1. External HDD issue with Xbox series S - Similar Threads - External HDD issue

2. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  5. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  6. External HDD and External SSD issues.

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD and External SSD issues.: Is anyone else having an issue. Where if you plug up an external HDD or and External SSD. It keeps disconnecting your controllers. While playing a game? This has only been happening since the...
  7. Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?: Hi.My xbox one s hard drive just died. Repair at service is expensive but external hdd is cheap.Is it possible to isntall OS on it? f7d7749e-1191-46e2-a99d-f312e6567787
  8. External HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue: I recently connected an external HDD to my series X. The console formats and detects the drive just fine yet when i power the system on it won't connect to the network. I'm using a wired...
  9. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....
  10. Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.: Good day, get always error when trying move games to external hdd abd or ssd from storage card xsx. Anyone else or just me have error? submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]