External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S

Discus and support External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I transfer the 496GB of external hard drive game data from my Xbox 360 to my new Xbox One S? When I plug in the drive the Xbox One S wants to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FHall, Jul 2, 2020.

1. FHall
    FHall Guest

How do I transfer the 496GB of external hard drive game data from my Xbox 360 to my new Xbox One S? When I plug in the drive the Xbox One S wants to format the drive and erase my data or call it a media drive which doesn't recognize the game data. Many
    of the files exceed the 2GB limit of the cloud storage.

:)

FHall, Jul 2, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Bearded Goliath Win User

profile corrupt

Hey thebenamayor

-

Have you tried to transfer your profile and data across to a USB pendrive or HDD and attempt to load the data from there?

Which model of Xbox 360 are you using? More specifically, is your Hard Drive one of the old externals or one of the newer internal HDD's?
  3. Craig TG Win User

Better Way for Downloading content

Have you tried using an Xbox HDD transfer cable? It transfers all content from one HDD to the next HDD. I used one to transfer all my data from my Elite 360 to my MW3 360. It worked beautifully.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Memory Storage Problem

[quote user="ngocphi"]the transfer cable only goes one way[/quote]That hasn't been true since Spring, 2010.

I just plugged a 250GB 360 S HDD into a 120GB RE5 console. The transfer dialog popped up. The new transfer software supports Moving data from a larger HDD to a smaller one as you have the option to select what content to move.

Incidentally, the new transfer software can Move XBOX Originals data. That appears to be the only way to move original XBOX save game file data as there's no Move option using regular System Settings, Memory.

Also, you can Transfer from either the cable to the HDD, or from the HDD to the cable. To move from the HDD to the cable-connected drive, highlight the HDD from System Settings, Memory, hit Y, then choose Transfer Content.
  5. ProzacTheClown Win User

XBox One Is A Major Let Down

[quote user="blue spader"]

sony doesn't need external. 1.5 tb internal is less than a hundred. also external is slow to play from.

[/quote]

USB 3.0 and SATA 6 both have roughly the same maximum data transfer speed which is around 600 MB/s. A 5400 RPM drive like the internal HDD of the Xbox One will NEVER see 600MB/s... I just don't expect there to be an issue with gaming from an external drive
    on this system.
  6. FHall Win User

Thanks for the explanation Smwutches. So, what do I do when the cloud storage is full? Does Xbox One S automatically store the Cloud Storage locally or is there something that I need to do?
Thema:

1. External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S - Similar Threads - External HDD data

2. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  3. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  4. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  5. External HDD issue with Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue with Xbox series S: My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from internal storage will start to slow down the...
  6. External HDD and External SSD issues.

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD and External SSD issues.: Is anyone else having an issue. Where if you plug up an external HDD or and External SSD. It keeps disconnecting your controllers. While playing a game? This has only been happening since the...
  7. Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?: Hi.My xbox one s hard drive just died. Repair at service is expensive but external hdd is cheap.Is it possible to isntall OS on it? f7d7749e-1191-46e2-a99d-f312e6567787
  8. External HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue: I recently connected an external HDD to my series X. The console formats and detects the drive just fine yet when i power the system on it won't connect to the network. I'm using a wired...
  9. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....
  10. Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.: Good day, get always error when trying move games to external hdd abd or ssd from storage card xsx. Anyone else or just me have error? submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]