External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue

Discus and support External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I had a Seagate HALO HDD of 5TB that I used with my Xbox Series S until Feb'23 when I upgraded to a Series X. When I left the house... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elin Chao, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Elin Chao
    Elin Chao Guest

Hello Everyone,

I had a Seagate HALO HDD of 5TB that I used with my Xbox Series S until Feb'23 when I upgraded to a Series X. When I left the house for several days, I adjusted the power settings from Shutdown to Sleep and connected via cloud to my Series X. But when I come back home and adjust the power settings back from Sleep to Shutdown, the Xbox stopped detecting my hard drive; and when I connected it to my laptop, it couldn't recognize it too; I got the error that the drive couldn't be initialize. This happened to me twice and I just got my 3rd replacement! I can't have another hard drive broken by my Xbox.

:)

Elin Chao, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

File explorer may not recognize the disks but disk manager does, in case you have only checked file explorer you could try to format it from disk manager.

Regarding the console, let's rule out that it is a software problem. Go to Settings>System>Console Information

And restart keeping your games.

Note that the console accounts will be removed, so you will need to have the email and password for each account to log back in.

Your progress, achievements, purchases and other data will remain intact, don't worry about that, you won't lose any data, the only thing you need to do is to log in again.
  3. Elin Chao Win User

I haven't done anything regarding my console. Yes, I tried to initialize the drives after the xbox broke them, but Windows couldn't recognize them.
  4. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

I am sorry you are going through this situation, have you tried any procedures in the console to stop this from happening?

When the disk was not recognized, did you identify if the Windows Disk Manager did not recognize it either?

Best regards.
  5. kkomaromy Win User

External hard drive suddenly undetected overnight

Gonna go buy another ext hdd now... Hopefully I can get it to work and hurry up and transfer stuff.... Or I guess stick it in the computer and rip the files out... Last ditch effort
  6. kkomaromy Win User

External hard drive suddenly undetected overnight

Which hopefully it won't matter since save games are theoretically saved in the cloud. May just have to reinstall everything.... Gonna be super grumps if it took all my saves....had a lot on there
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  6. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  7. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  8. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  9. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  10. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99