External hard drive problems with media player

Discus and support External hard drive problems with media player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm attempting to play music/video files that are stored on my external hard drive with my Xbox one. I downloaded media player, and media player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Devlin Donohue, Dec 17, 2015.

1. External hard drive problems with media player

I'm attempting to play music/video files that are stored on my external hard drive with my Xbox one. I downloaded media player, and media player recognizes the hard drive, but media player says there are no files to be found. There are indeed many files
    on there, and many, if not all, are supported file types. How do I solve this?

:)

Devlin Donohue, Dec 17, 2015
  2. Plumrico
    Plumrico Guest
    External Hard Drive not recognised at all

Hi,

i have an external hard drive with movies on that I always used to use on my XB1 via the media player with no problems, since the latest update it won't recognise the drive at all.

Any ideas?

Plumrico, Dec 17, 2015
  3. 4tb Seagate external hard drive

I bought a 2tb external hard drive last year and have had no problems but recently purchased a 4tb Seagate external hard drive due to insufficient storage for my games but the 4tb Seagate external hard drive is listed as media storage ie photos video's and
    documents I tried to format and rename it but can't get that option as I can with the 2tb external hard drive please let me know what I can do about this.

CleanupChimp659, Dec 17, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

External hard drive problems with media player