External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps)

Discus and support External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Raven131211, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Raven131211
    Raven131211 Guest

Hello.

I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with my external hard drive.

I was having problems with creating saves on a game and I've read that reseting the xbox while keeping games and apps fixes the issue. It did fix the save issue however now my xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore.

I've tried the different USB ports, restarting the xbox many times. I've tried plugging the external into my computer. The device manager detects the hard drive but I can't do anything to it (most likely it's formatted for the xbox).

Anyone had this issue before?

:)

Raven131211, Sep 15, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: