External hard drive is confusing.

Discus and support External hard drive is confusing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AleaEaklor, Mar 28, 2024.

1. AleaEaklor
    AleaEaklor Guest

So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox series S. After a quick unplug and reconnecting it in a different USB port it'll work, but recently I can't get it to let me play any games, optimized or not. It says the connection is too weak and to try changing the port or the wire. However the confusing part is, it'll still let me move my games between internal and the external without an issue? How can the connection be so weak it can't play a game but it can move them?

:)

AleaEaklor, Mar 28, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well first the hdd should only connected to the USB c ports in the back

And only for non patched xbox one or older games

Not all hdds are created equal especially external hdd fyi

And it is a speed difference of 500mbps vs 4.8gbps when you use internal or external storage cards

Next gen games skip the Northbrige and usb host and pc port to direct access to cpu gpu and memory at 4.8gbps

You can never get that with USB hdd which is based on 20 year old tech which has to goto the USB host then thru the whole subsystem just to get to the cpu
  3. Francia J. Win User

My Xbox one games won’t install.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm asking if you have an external hard drive because a corrupted hard drive may cause these issues.
  4. ÃrasLittle Win User

connection problem

Are there any wireless interference on your house? If there is also an external hard drive plugged in kindly unplug then try again.
    No, there are no wireless interference

and i have no external hard drive!

i was completly confused for this...
  5. Z1053 Win User

External Hard Drive Transfer

Thanks for answers....now I'm confused as to why anyone would buy a 320GB external hard drive if you can only put 32Gb on it... Sorry for being a ***!!... Cheers
  6. KingOfTheRen Win User

bad idea Xbox Series X shows off its new removable memory card

Lots of people are confusing Memory Card and Hard Drive. Hard Drive is way superior to a Memory Card! I'm all for this, I currently am using an external HD and it would certainly take up far less space if I could just slide this thing into my console.
Thema:

1. External hard drive is confusing. - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  6. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  7. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  8. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  9. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  10. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...