External hard disk

Discus and support External hard disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoShika92, Apr 7, 2024.

1. MoShika92
    MoShika92 Guest

External hard disk

Hello everyone

I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.

I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've found out that it's running on exFAT not NTFS, which is something I've never dealt with before.

Since I knew, I've read some articles and they have made me more confused, exFAT is the best for external hard disks and better than NTFS because of it's faster with USB connected hard disks also it works on all systems, and there's no data-loss risk unless there's some sudden power outage or sudden disconnection happens or something, but in the same time, these articles mentioned that exFAT is prone to data corruption, and the thing is that no mention on what kind of "sudden disconnections" they're talking about like disconnecting the cable or turning off the laptop suddenly I don't get it.

My question is: I use my external hard drive a lot and I store lots of data on them so I have no interest in losing anything because of some fragile system, if someone could give me an advice and tell me if there's no risk here and it's a rare thing in exFAT like some articles stated, or should I be cautious and format it in NTFS? Because I really am confused at the moment different opinions, and different takes, and I can't make a decision, so if someone could explain the whole thing that would be helpful because I'm not an expert here.

:)

MoShika92, Apr 7, 2024
  2. yobrizo Win User

Xbox One All Digital Edition

an external hard disk is your friend. i have two hard disk
  3. SteadfastStorm Win User

External Hard disk

Sorry, but unfortunately Xbox 360 Consoles aren't designed to natively read hard drives formatted for non-Xbox machines. Although you may be able to save some of the data (videos, music, photos, etc.) to your Xbox 360 Hard Drive, it is ultimately not designed
    for data recovery. I suggest using a data recovery program on a Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux computer to recover your files.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

External Hard disk

5. HellspawnRei Win User

Does a 360 hard drive slow down a xbox slim?

Hello Propane,

if im not mistaken Xbox arcade didnt have any hard disk but you could have the external hard disk, while Xbox slim has an internal,you cant use the external hard drive on your slim,unless you modded it which is not legal.
  6. ajinga66 Win User

Xbox One/external SSD

Ntfs format is required for external hard disk or USB drive.
Thema:

External hard disk

1. External hard disk - Similar Threads - External hard disk

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  6. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  7. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  8. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  9. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  10. Can i leave my games on a external hard disk in order to the new owner to play them without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i leave my games on a external hard disk in order to the new owner to play them without...: I want to be sure if i leave all my games on the external hard disk, the new owner will not be able to access to my bank details. Thanks for your help f7d7f530-859f-424a-bf74-f0ee5e971e30