External Damage prior to Service Repair

Discus and support External Damage prior to Service Repair in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had my XBox Series X for 4 months and all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I sent in a service request to repair it and followed all the directions... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeff Garten, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Jeff Garten
    Jeff Garten Guest

I had my XBox Series X for 4 months and all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I sent in a service request to repair it and followed all the directions (I bubble wrapped it with multiple layers and made sure that the xbox couldn't move in the box. I sent it through UPS and when Microsoft received the package they said my xbox had external damage. When I sent it in, it was in perfect condition besides the turning on issue. I called the support number and they were going to look into it and call me in 24 hours. 72 hours later I called them back to find out that they sent it back to me and I needed to file a complaint with UPS. Since Microsoft paid for the shipping, I can't file a complaint, they have to. Basically, my 4 month old Xbox quit on me and because of shipping and customer service, I'm out over $500. This is my third generation of Xbox that I've had and every one of them required me to send them in. In reference, I've had 4 generations of PlayStations and have NEVER had to send them in.

:)

Jeff Garten, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jeff, this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and neither your account, we can not specify the actual reason or accurately check this issue of your console.

Since you've already contacted them as Xbox customer service, I suggest you contact us again because only they can help you on this issue.
  3. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Spilled on sons Xbox what to do?

Hello Astro,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We're sorry to hear that the console received water damage. As per the terms of service, the Xbox will need to be replaced since it does not qualify for a repair. The article entitled

Xbox Services Terms & Conditions
    explains that any damage by external cause will void the warranty of the console. We recommend checking your local Microsoft store to explore more options.
  4. Rostom L Win User

My Xbox won’t turn on after a storm

Hi Garp!

Sorry to hear about what happened. I am afraid that console's power supply unit has been damaged due to lightning. If you used an Xbox One console which has an external PSU, you could use a different PSU. If it's a console model which only has a power cord (internal PSU), you may need to send it for a repair. Check your repair options herehttps://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  5. havenladVBaLH Win User

Xbox damaged

6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one console slipped from my hand

Sudden falls can cause internal damages to the console so try to avoid them.

If the console is damaged you will understand it when you operate it.

For repairs: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced
Thema:

1. External Damage prior to Service Repair - Similar Threads - External Damage prior

2. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  5. 22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?: Hey, i hope you are doing well I have few external drive, and i want to ask if it's possible to use them as external drive with xbox series X or they will not work ? or there is a limite ? what...
  6. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  7. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  8. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  9. My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?: My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other usb ports but it still says it’s full how do...
  10. Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues: The April update introduced an issue that causes captures to an external drive to stop working. I have to set captures to internal and restart the Xbox. Occasionally, that doesn't work and I also...