Experiencing visual issues on some select Xbox Series X games

Discus and support Experiencing visual issues on some select Xbox Series X games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I have a 2022 Xbox Series X (now out of warranty...) plugged into a 4K Samsung TV. I have been experiencing weird graphical issues on select... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adam Crossley, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Experiencing visual issues on some select Xbox Series X games

Hello! I have a 2022 Xbox Series X (now out of warranty...) plugged into a 4K Samsung TV. I have been experiencing weird graphical issues on select games, specifically Starfield and Halo Infinite, although the issue looks different on both of these titles.

On Starfield I am experiencing white flashing spots during "in game" but not during the menu.

On Halo Infinite I experienced this a long time ago (and put it down to the game being dodgy) however with the recent Starfield issue I suspect they are linked. On Halo I am seeing flashing coloured lights on different textures, mainly metal surfaces. These comes and flashing blue, red and green lights. Interestingly I dont seem to see the issue during multiplayer. Again this happens in game, but also in select menu screens.

Not experienced on any other games over past 2 years.

For reference I have completed extensive troubleshooting on this including resetting the console, new HDMI, trying different TV, power cycle, uninstalling the games etc. I would appreciate any guidance before shelling out £300 for Microsoft repair!

Thanks so much.

iCloud

:)

Adam Crossley, Sep 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Adam Crossley,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

Since you have done extensive troubleshooting, including the console reset, it would be best if we contacted our live support team in order for you to be assisted further. They have the necessary tools to diagnose and troubleshoot your issue.

With regards to the Starfield game, kindly report this issue to Xbox as advised when experiencing unexpected console behavior such as a freeze, a crash to the Xbox home screen, or your console powering off when trying to play or launch a game, or any other issue. See the guide in reporting here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

To contact live support:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

XBOX SERIES X/S

Ok.

The current generation of Xbox consoles has two different types.

Xbox Series S and Xbox series X.

I will list some key differences below, ok?

The two consoles can play the same new games, and both are backwards compatible and capable of playing virtually any game that you could play on an Xbox One (which, in turn, also means hundreds of Xbox 360 games and a handful of original-Xbox games). Without a disc drive, though, the Series S can’t play physical games you already own.

Both consoles output a 4K video signal, so watching videos on a 4K TV should be the same on either machine. But if you expect to play games in 4K, you should choose the Xbox Series X. The Series X is designed for games with resolutions of up to 4K (and it theoretically supports 8K resolutions for video content), while the Xbox Series S has less-powerful graphics hardware that game developers appear to be targeting 1080p and sometimes 1440p visuals.

The Xbox Series X and Series S have the same basic graphics capabilities, including support for variable rate shading and ray-traced visuals, a more advanced and realistic way to create lighting and visual effects. The Xbox Series X features a 12.1-teraflop GPU and 16 GB of RAM, while the Xbox Series S features a 4-teraflop GPU and 10 GB of RAM. Microsoft claims this power differential will largely bear out in resolution differences. But some games have already omitted ray tracing if you’re playing on a Series S.

The Xbox Series X includes a 1 TB storage drive, which offers about 800 GB of usable space. The Xbox Series S has a 512 GB drive with about 360 GB of usable space.
  4. iTsFx Win User

Xbox Series S system app icons appearing blank

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

It sounds like you are experiencing a visual issue with your Xbox Series S. Here are a few potential solutions you can try:

Restart your Xbox: Sometimes, simply restarting your Xbox can resolve visual issues. Try restarting your Xbox Series S to see if it resolves the issue.

Clear the cache: Clearing the cache on your Xbox can help resolve various issues, including visual issues. To clear the cache, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the power menu, then select "Restart console." On the next screen, select "Reset and remove everything." This will clear your cache and restore your Xbox to its factory settings.

Check for system updates: Make sure your Xbox Series S is up to date with the latest system updates. Go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads to check for updates.

Reinstall the affected apps: If the issue is only affecting certain apps, try uninstalling and reinstalling those apps. Go to My games & apps, select the app you want to uninstall, press the Menu button on your controller, and select Uninstall. Then go to the Microsoft Store to reinstall the app.

Contact Xbox Support: If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your situation and help you resolve the issue.

I hope one of these solutions works for you and you are able to resolve the issue with your Xbox Series S.
  5. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

This is an incorrect assumption. You can insert an xbox one disc and download updates that may improve visuals and frame rates on Xbox Series X/S but in order to play you still need the disc unless you own the digital version of it.

Xbox Series X will utilize the Xbox One X version of enhancements while Xbox series S will use the Xbox One S enhancements.

You will not get a free game by borrowing or renting a physical version of a game and installing it on Xbox Series X/S.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

My series x won’t load backwards compatible games like

Hi Jaden,

This is one of the known issues on the Series X|S consoles

Known issue: Some users are experiencing issues launching Xbox 360 games, which instead return the user back to the Home screen on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Workaround: Clear your Xbox 360 storage by going to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local Xbox 360 storage.

Hope this helps! :)
Thema:

1. Experiencing visual issues on some select Xbox Series X games - Similar Threads - Experiencing visual issues

2. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  3. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  4. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  5. Anyone experiencing issues with Samsung tv could gaming?.

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone experiencing issues with Samsung tv could gaming?.: I can't play any game, the play button does nothing when clicked besides a bip. It does not matter how many times I hit the button on the remote over the play button, it only bips. submitted by...
  6. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  7. Experiencing party issues? Let me hear

in XboX Insiders
    Experiencing party issues? Let me hear: Anyone else experiencing party issues? Like a friend saying “disconnect” when joining a party. Explain your issues submitted by /u/Standard-Low5624 [link] [comments]
  8. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  9. Anyone experienced this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone experienced this issue?: My Xbox one s doesn’t update games anymore. When trying to download a game it will update to 9.31gb and stop showing the mb/s meter and cease to download further. I have soft rest the Xbox twice...
  10. Xbox Reward Point disappear, am I only one experiencing this??

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Reward Point disappear, am I only one experiencing this??: I had over 13,000 point and had a goal setup as well to renew my membership. And all of suddenly it disappeared and I only have 2,000. I looked at order history. Nothing showed that I used it or...