Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?

Discus and support Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello fellow gamers, I’ve been pondering over the Quick Resume feature on the Xbox Series X|S. It’s a fantastic feature that allows us to switch... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/redditorpegaso, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?

Hello fellow gamers,

I’ve been pondering over the Quick Resume feature on the Xbox Series X|S. It’s a fantastic feature that allows us to switch between games seamlessly by saving the state of our games. However, the number of games that can be stored in Quick Resume is limited and depends on the size and complexity of the games.

This got me thinking, would it be possible for developers to allow us to choose how much memory is allocated for Quick Resume? This could potentially allow us to store more games in Quick Resume, enhancing our gaming experience.

From what I understand, Quick Resume works by saving the state of your game (which is held in the RAM) to the SSD when you switch games. When you want to return to a previous game, the console loads the saved state from the SSD, allowing you to resume from where you left off.

Given this, it seems like it might be technically feasible to allow users to allocate more of their console’s internal storage specifically for Quick Resume. Of course, this would likely come at the expense of storage space for game installations.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this is something Microsoft should consider for future iterations of the Xbox? Let’s discuss!

submitted by /u/redditorpegaso
    [link] [comments]

/u/redditorpegaso, Oct 29, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Internal Storage Xbox One X

Quick resume isn't a xbox one feature it's a series feature

You can expand the internal memory in a series x by using the xbox storage cards

As they are nvme

You cannot use a mechanical or ssd drive
  3. Kathy A. Win User

I made a quick save before entering the Unity, but after making a few saves in the unity I can’t go back to my quick save, it doesn’t show up under all saves, Help? Xbox series X

Hello Chillin ✌️,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to play your games one from another and would like to use the quick save or quick resume feature. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on support article, it should have been that the console can at lease save more than 3 titles. However, you may be unable to go back to your saves when you have less memory.

Quick Resume feature allows the Series X|S consoles to store three save states for full-memory Xbox Series X|S titles. Xbox One, Xbox 360, and original Xbox console titles use less memory, so the consoles can store more than three when these titles are saved.

Source: Get back to your game instantly with Quick Resume | Xbox Support

We hope that helps!

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Playaboy4punk Win User

Help with quick resume

So I had a series s before this series x and I could’ve sworn whenever a game was opened it would automatically show I’m quick resume and it’s not doing that on my series x I can’t pin any games except cod vanguard
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

a glitch that I have in the hunter call of the wild when entering a map

Hi, when you open the game in your Series X. The game starts from the quick resume / the quick resume feature is used?
    Or did you open the game from the start?
  6. DArtagnanStradolini Win User

Hardspace shipbreaker freezing everytime I turn on xbox and use quick resume!

The opton of report a problem perfectly works in you region, here in Brasil (with "s" please) it just load and enter in a looping, in xbox series x with a 250mb/s optical fiber internet. Plus, the game hardspace shipbreaker froze not only in quick resume, it froze if is put in second plan. The quick resume is just one of it's problems. Its remind me the playstation 3 era, in Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas, that frozen everytime, and just if look for them.
Thema:

Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?

1. Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility? - Similar Threads - Expanding Quick Resume

2. When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?: Hello, Ive been waiting years for microsoft to add support to my country Romania( a country thats in the EU) and yet it its been so long and no new updates. Please Microsoft expand your country...
  3. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  4. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...
  5. The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to All US Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to All US Xbox Insiders Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?: With controllers adding more and more buttons and console hardware trying to keep up with the PC world I would love to see Xbox expand the number of controller inputs. Controllers like the Elite...
  7. The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to Additional Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to Additional Xbox Insiders Today!: Team Xbox is so excited to see the initial response to the Xbox Mastercard with the first group of Xbox Insiders! We’re happy to announce that we’re opening up the Preview to another group of Xbox...
  8. Can Xbox One S/X users purchase the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Xbox One S/X users purchase the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA5?: I have an Xbox One S and X, and I was reading about the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA5 that comes with new vehicles. I was wondering if it is possible that this version can be purchased for...
  9. Expand Keyboard Mouse support on XBOX series X

in XboX Insiders
    Expand Keyboard Mouse support on XBOX series X: Hello, I have the razor turret Keyboard and love it. I wish they expand the support so getting around the menu you can use mouse and keyboard on your Xbox series x. I also wish there was a way can...
  10. Cloud gaming ARK Survival not working. expand menu not appearing. Any alternative way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud gaming ARK Survival not working. expand menu not appearing. Any alternative way to...: When I try to cloud game ARK it gives me no options and appears blank when I expand the options on the Xbox app. Every other game expands perfectly fine. This has been happening for the past week...