Expanding accessibility; Console Gaming for the visually impaired? (Just a thought, I'm not...

Discus and support Expanding accessibility; Console Gaming for the visually impaired? (Just a thought, I'm not... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So this is an umbrella question that I want to ask based on a little bit of digging I've done regarding Xbox and some of Microsofts other services. My... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AromaticOverLoaRd, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Expanding accessibility; Console Gaming for the visually impaired? (Just a thought, I'm not...

So this is an umbrella question that I want to ask based on a little bit of digging I've done regarding Xbox and some of Microsofts other services. My train of thought explored Azure and it's Cognitive Services platforms as follows Azure cognitive services - in order to integrate what needs to occur? Is it already integrated into the system? How? What does it effect/affect? - what's needed to achieve the desired "new" functions? (I.e speech to text,verbal game ques/tutorials...) -how would this effect the system and gaming functions? What about tactile controls/ques? Vibrations/buzzes ect.

With Microsoft AI services and products is it possible to make the Xbox system more accessible for the visually impaired?

How would this effect games? Would it be compatible with old systems and be available as an update? (Render old consoles ineffective?)

What are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/AromaticOverLoaRd
    [link] [comments]

/u/AromaticOverLoaRd, Nov 21, 2019
  2. NickNoel1 Win User

Turn Off Audio Descriptions on Movie playing from XBOX 360

No, it is verbal descriptions of action on the screen. Not a text description of the dialouge and sound. It is for visual impairment not hearing impairment.
  3. OneFrog72614820 Win User

Rented movie

It seems to be audio for visually impaired
  4. HollywoodBull Win User

Rented movie

Glad you solved it, was just about to ask if the audio is for visually impaired? because usually narration then turns up
  5. EightBitBlonde Win User

Microsoft designs an Xbox controller with Braille

As the original poster said: you don't have to be legally blind to be visually impaired or to use Braille. There are LOTS of folks with ranges of visibility that game on Xbox including those both legally blind and those who are visually impaired.

Check out Steve Saylor (AKA BlindGamer) and SightlessKombat they identify as gamers without sight and even work as accessibility consultants in the gaming industry.

A controller with Braille might even be of use to someone who has limited mobility in their neck and is unable to look down at the controller while they are still learning the placement of each button šŸ˜
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

COD Ghosts for X1: Bizarre disparity rating visuals amongst critics

Personally, I think it could be a mix of both bias &/or visual impairment. Besides, seeing something visually is subjective as it is literally in the eye of the beholder.
Thema:

Expanding accessibility; Console Gaming for the visually impaired? (Just a thought, I'm not...

1. Expanding accessibility; Console Gaming for the visually impaired? (Just a thought, I'm not... - Similar Threads - Expanding accessibility Console

2. When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?: Hello, Ive been waiting years for microsoft to add support to my country Romania( a country thats in the EU) and yet it its been so long and no new updates. Please Microsoft expand your country...
  3. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  4. Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?

in XboX Insiders
    Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?: Hello fellow gamers, Iā€™ve been pondering over the Quick Resume feature on the Xbox Series X|S. Itā€™s a fantastic feature that allows us to switch between games seamlessly by saving the state of...
  5. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...
  6. The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to All US Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to All US Xbox Insiders Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?: With controllers adding more and more buttons and console hardware trying to keep up with the PC world I would love to see Xbox expand the number of controller inputs. Controllers like the Elite...
  8. The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to Additional Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to Additional Xbox Insiders Today!: Team Xbox is so excited to see the initial response to the Xbox Mastercard with the first group of Xbox Insiders! Weā€™re happy to announce that weā€™re opening up the Preview to another group of Xbox...
  9. Can Xbox One S/X users purchase the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Xbox One S/X users purchase the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA5?: I have an Xbox One S and X, and I was reading about the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA5 that comes with new vehicles. I was wondering if it is possible that this version can be purchased for...
  10. What are the current state of plans to expand xbox all access?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What are the current state of plans to expand xbox all access?: Microsoft announced last year that they were planning to expand the service to more countries. I was wondering what the state of those plans were and if South Africa could expect to see the launch...