Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play

Discus and support Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So this little exclamation mark popped up so I looked it up and people said it a license thing. Issue is idk how that works because I bought these... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElphieShai, Oct 26, 2023.

1. ElphieShai
    ElphieShai Guest

So this little exclamation mark popped up so I looked it up and people said it a license thing. Issue is idk how that works because I bought these games. Some of them are gamepass/on an external storage so I understand that but for example life is strange: true colours had the symbol except I literally have the message from Xbox where it was gifted to me + I was playing it on Sunday (now Thursday) so I was wondering if it had other meanings or I just don’t deserve the game.

:)

ElphieShai, Oct 26, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi ElphieShai! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

It is a pleasure for me to write to you today and try to help in everything I can and is possible.

This exclamation mark next to games can have different meanings. It may indicate that an update is available for the game, that there is an issue with the license, or that user action is required. Personally, I would recommend checking if there are updates available for the game.

To check if updates are available for your games on Xbox, follow these steps:

1. Turn on your Xbox console and make sure you are connected to the internet.
    2. Navigate to the "My games and apps" section in the main menu.
    3. Select the "Updates" tab at the top.
    4. You will see a list of games that have updates available. Select the game you want to update.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.

If no update appears, it is because the games are already updated, and then it would be the other option which is a problem with the license. Let me know if this information was useful to you and if after performing these steps the problem persists or not.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why is there a triangle with a ! inside it on game tiles?

I have the same...I own Forza Horizons 1 and 2 on disc and both of those now show exclamation marks (although I haven't actually tried to play them since they displayed those marks)...if memory serves, they only appeared since the bad dashboard makeover update a couple of months ago
    It's normal for the disc versions of games to show the exclamation marks, because the license for the games is on the disc, so when the disc is inserted, the exclamation marks will dissappear, but will come back after the disc is ejected.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why is there a triangle with a ! inside it on game tiles?

I have the same...I own Forza Horizons 1 and 2 on disc and both of those now show exclamation marks (although I haven't actually tried to play them since they displayed those marks)...if memory serves, they only appeared since the bad dashboard makeover update a couple of months ago
    It's normal for the disc versions of games to show the exclamation marks, because the license for the games is on the disc, so when the disc is inserted, the exclamation marks will dissappear, but will come back after the disc is ejected.
  5. UzzielPizaña Win User

Cannot play songs

no i still have that exclamation mark next to the music title
  6. Franck.4 Win User

Exclamation Marks on games

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your help. The game with the exclamation mark only is not on the gamepass anymore. So that's one question resolved.

But for the others with the disc icon, is there a way to not see this icon again please ? I think it's not useful as I play essentially physical games, so I know what game is in the console or not.

Thanks in advance.
Thema:

1. Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play - Similar Threads - Exclamation mark next

2. How to remove black dust marks from Series S

in XboX Insiders
    How to remove black dust marks from Series S: So I am cleaning my series S a few minutes ago and there's like a black dust smudge that I can't seem remove. God knows where it came from. I tried cleaning it off with wet wipes and alcohol and...
  3. Xbox triangle with an exclamation on them ⚠️

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox triangle with an exclamation on them ⚠️: I can no longer play any on my games I have discs for as they have a triangle with an exclamation on them ️ I've tried full resets, uninstalling the games, removing my account and re adding it but...
  4. Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle: I'm on PC and when I join a party people in party chat can't hear me and there's a triangle with exclamation point in the party chat widget. Gamechat in whatever game I play works fine...
  5. Every single game on my xbox has an exclamation point in a triangle on them. ⚠️ idk what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every single game on my xbox has an exclamation point in a triangle on them. ⚠️ idk what...: Every single game on my xbox has an exclamation point in a triangle on them. ️ idk what this is but it's on all my games. I can still play them. What does it mean and how do I get rid of it...
  6. Exclamation Mark on Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclamation Mark on Games: Hi there, I’ve downloaded a couple games recently that have an exclamation mark on the game tile. I’ve read that this is something to do with licensing and me not having the licence to access...
  7. i have a triangle and a exclamation point on my games and I own the titles. How do I fix...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a triangle and a exclamation point on my games and I own the titles. How do I fix...: Having a issue with my games c8048a43-ac0e-4639-846e-19a4880e91cf
  8. Weird symbol has been popping up next to my game titles, it's like a exclamation mark...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird symbol has been popping up next to my game titles, it's like a exclamation mark...: It still let's me play the games, I have game pass ultimate, none of the game I have installed are disc games, d39a1684-b770-48f4-92e1-b2715dc4493e
  9. Exclamation Marks on games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclamation Marks on games: Hi there, Since this morning I have two symbols on some of my Xbox Series X games. One is an exclamation mark only and the other is a disc with another exclamation mark. After some researches...
  10. Triangle with exclamation point in the corner

in XboX Insiders
    Triangle with exclamation point in the corner: I am getting that in the corner of all my games. My storage is at 70% and I am and insider submitted by /u/Foocher [link] [comments]