Evolve is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Discus and support Evolve is the greatest thing since sliced bread. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; *Digital appears from the shadows* If that's the case Akame, come on people, why is this so good? Where are you impression? Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Windows10XboxOne, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Evolve is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

*Digital appears from the shadows*

If that's the case Akame, come on people, why is this so good? Where are you impression?

DigitalAssassin, Oct 30, 2014
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Akame

I got my invite and didn't even read it just assumed it was a beta. This is the first Alpha I can think of on a console.

You are correct FAQ says share all you like but the forum post says different unless this is what they are considering an open Alpha and the post was for closed Alpha but normally all Alphas are closed.....Strange.

Randver, Oct 30, 2014
  3. I tried it briefly this evening and didn't like it very much - it seemed relatively basic for a shooter and reminded me too much of the Left 4 Dead series, which I also didn't like (but to some, that may be exactly why they like it and decide to get it).
    The ONLY satisfaction I got from playing was watching every last hunter (myself included) get wiped out by the monster only to watch Daisy the dog secure victory for us by running away from the monster and luring it into an even bigger monster. Despite my
    disinterest in the game, even I have to admit that that was a moment to remember. LOL!

Galactic Geek, Oct 30, 2014
  4. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest

I played one Match earlier. That was plenty to know it is boring.

Elohmn, Oct 30, 2014
  5. Just played a match. Not for me. Was pretty excited for it because I like Left 4 Dead, but I personally don't think it's as fun.

FirstRespond3r, Oct 30, 2014
  6. marknally
    marknally Guest
    Shame to see so much negativity towards the game but I do understand why. The sad thing is people will now totally write the game off thinking its a demo.

It definitely needs some extra content though, what they have now will not swing it in the current influx of games planned early next year.

marknally, Oct 30, 2014
  7. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Destiny had an Alpha on the PS4.

But as for why its so good? well its the whole "thrill of the hunt" thing, four versus one, with one over time getting stronger and stronger, all culminating with an all out "balls to the wall" fire fight.

With that said though, I did say to my friend that although its fun, how long will it last? I mean Left 4 Dead was good, but there was more than just one enemy, and you humans had different things to do other than just hunt the zombies.

Shaggy2000, Oct 31, 2014
  8. marknally
    marknally Guest

@ Shaggy, exactly my thoughts too mate, L4D had a small following on console in the great scheme of things and in my opinion this isn't as good so will likely die off quite quickly. I don't really see what else they can add to the game either, at least with
    L4D you could play campaign, versus or survival modes but I find it hard to see how they can add it into this that well.

marknally, Oct 31, 2014
  9. @marknally But this is basically the gameplay. Sure they'll add more content, but they won't change what the game is about. They can add all the content they want or change visuals all they want, but if people don't like the premise of the game now, they
    won't like it with all the added content. And I think the majority of people know it's an alpha and know what an alpha is. Back then, people mistook alphas and betas for demos, but now they've wisened up. Even my non-gamer girlfriend knows the difference between
    a beta and a demo.

FirstRespond3r, Oct 31, 2014
  10. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @First

I'm not sure that's true. How many of the people here that have made negatives comments towards the game have gone to the developer forums and posted their concerns? I'd be willing to bet very few or none of them have.

That's why I found it strange they were doing an alpha on the console. I think the feedback part of an alpha will have a very low participation rate ( at least where's it needed, the developer forums).

I alpha tested MMO's for years and they required us to fill out a survey after every quest, level, etc. I think the fact they have moved away from doing that is why we see more broken and bad games.

Randver, Oct 31, 2014
  11. DEACON
    DEACON Guest
    it's ok. i only got a chance to hunt the monster last night but man it's a pain tracking down whoever is playing the monster when all they do is run and hide.

it's fun but i think sliced bread is much better.

DEACON, Oct 31, 2014
  12. marknally
    marknally Guest
    @ First, I think Randver has hit the nail on the head there, consoles are a different beast to PC gamers, on the whole they jump from game to game very quickly trying to keep up with what "big" at the time whereas a PC gamer tends to be in it for the long
    haul, hence why I still think that most of the general public that have played the Alpha will tended to have treated it as a demo.

I'll also say that if we're honest it wasn't truly an Alpha either, the PC have already had the proper alpha test, this to me seems like the are testing the console crowd out to see reactions to gameplay concept and adjust their sales predictions accordingly.

marknally, Oct 31, 2014
  13. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

As said a proper beta or apha will require comprehensive user feedback via a survey of some sort after every matchmaking session or mission.

A lot of the console "alphas" and "betas" are as Mark said to test the waters or to stress test the connectivity or the servers with people playing.

John Dowding, Oct 31, 2014
  14. @rand @mark

I understand what you're saying. But I meant if people don't like the general premise of the game during the alpha or beta, then they most likely won't like it at all. I mean it's not glitches or bugs that people are complaining about, they just don't like
    the concept. For example, I was interested in the 4v1 hunters vs monster, but didn't like it once I got to play it. Do you understand what I'm saying? I agree that PC gamers are more reliable to provide feedback and stick to one game longer than console gamers.
    But I think that for all gamers, if they don't like the concept of the game, then they don't like the game.

FirstRespond3r, Oct 31, 2014
  15. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    Not the first alpha on console I played in the destiny one I downloaded this yesterday didn't try it yet though

pkvas, Oct 31, 2014
Thema: