Everytime I load up an EA game it freezes and crashes my Xbox

Discus and support Everytime I load up an EA game it freezes and crashes my Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every single EA game I play just freezes when playing kicking me back to the Home Screen or just restarts the console, I’ve had the Xbox series X for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by James Bridge1, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Everytime I load up an EA game it freezes and crashes my Xbox

Every single EA game I play just freezes when playing kicking me back to the Home Screen or just restarts the console, I’ve had the Xbox series X for just over a year now and it’s only started doing it now.

:)

James Bridge1, Sep 25, 2023
  2. James Bridge1 Win User

Hi Darhlene, just tried all these methods and unfortunately none of these are working. Any more suggestions or should I just get a replacement?
  3. Vardagul Win User

Hi James! My name is Darhlene and I'm more than happy to help you!

Please try this method:

1. Power Cycle your console

Try power cycling your Xbox. A full power cycle completely reboots your console. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data.
    Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.
    Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Note: If you don’t see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure you hold the power button for at least 10 seconds until the console completely shuts down.

After you have completed the previous steps to power cycle your console, try to restart your game.

2. Test your network connection

Test your network connection. Sometimes it affects the gameplay. Here’s how to test your Xbox connection:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Note: Any outages will appear under Current Network Status.

On the Network settings screen, select Test network connection. If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox service.

Note: If you're prompted to update your console software, select Yes.

3. Clear the local save and resync

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.
    After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try playing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  4. Vardagul Win User

Thank you for your response, James!

Try to perform a factory reset and keep my games and apps. Here's how to do it:

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:​​​​​

Important: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost by doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Console info
    5. Select Reset console.
    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

If the issues still persist, you may need to check your free warranty repair order options for your console:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  5. RockyRasper Win User

Fifa 15 crashing at title screen, HELP

Issue is that the game starts up fine, gets to title screen showing "press A". After pressing A it connects to EA servers, however while displaying "retrieving data from server" the download icon at the bottom of the screen freezes, the game itself freezes
    and about 3 or 4 seconds later crashes and returns to xbox dashboard.

This is only occurring when signed in as my gamertag "". When not signed into a profile it loads, and when signed in as my daughters profile it loads. The issue is also occurring when I disconnect my xbox from the internet, which is confusing
    me somewhat.

I am getting no real help as EA don't seem to know what the problem is and xbox live chat support blamed EA. Please if somebody had any ideas, help!
  6. StephenBrown310 Win User

Can’t play modern warfare since pacific update

Xbox one multiplayer is unplayable constantly freezing. Game completely crashes . Campaign will not even load up
Thema:

1. Everytime I load up an EA game it freezes and crashes my Xbox - Similar Threads - Everytime load game

2. How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....: How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error. "Failed to link, contact support." Blah blah blah. Please help! f1fa2460-00ef-46c3-a360-aa24377c382f
  3. Everytime I make a group post on xbox I get kicked from my party, is there any fix I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I make a group post on xbox I get kicked from my party, is there any fix I have...: I have done everything to fix this issue and nothing worked. 3f6b7f95-808f-457d-874b-f19d5a0093ac
  4. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  5. Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.: I live in Slovakia. Can someone help? Thanks. 096dfaae-7f27-41ff-a9a4-a74994d82fec
  6. Hello Everytime I want to play GTA 5 it will not download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello Everytime I want to play GTA 5 it will not download: Will not work as other stuck on 64 percent Also it keeps saying installation stopped Device Xbox 1S d0f60099-23f8-453d-81a2-810cc67502a0
  7. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  8. Steamworld Build crashes everytime I try to load a save.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Steamworld Build crashes everytime I try to load a save.: Hello, I'm having trouble with Steamworld Build on Xbox Series X. I can't load my save. If I press continue it starts the loading screen then crashes to desktop. Likewise if I use the load...
  9. Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...: Hi, everytime I try to go to the settings to change my accent color it would just load for ages and and eventually show up an error that says "We can't show color options right now" what can I do...
  10. Everytime I try to load a downloaded game it kicks me back to my home screen and sometimes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime I try to load a downloaded game it kicks me back to my home screen and sometimes...: It started when my NBA2k23 froze so I just turned it off went to bed but the next day I tried to hop on apex and as it was loading it kicked me back to the main screen and after deleting games and...