Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted

Discus and support Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have a custom built PC and am using PC Game Pass for most of my games, but every time I launch a multiplayer game like sea of thieves,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aidan Comer, Jun 16, 2023.

1. Aidan Comer
    Aidan Comer Guest

Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted

Hi, I currently have a custom built PC and am using PC Game Pass for most of my games, but every time I launch a multiplayer game like sea of thieves, my audio shoots up to max when it was previously at 30, and the sound becomes very distorted. I am using the AirPods Pro 2nd Gen, and I tried connecting another pair of wireless headphones and got the same issue. Wired headphones work, but I have some other issues with my wired pair which makes them unusable. I really want these airpods to work with my pc, but this recent issue has me stuck.

:)

Aidan Comer, Jun 16, 2023
  2. Aidan Comer Win User

My airpod is connected through Bluetooth, it had a built in mic, and I don’t use an Xbox controller with my ox, I use a keyboard.
  3. Aidan Comer Win User

I am using Windows 11 version 22H2. I also want to note that this only happens with multiplayer games. If it's single player, it sounds fine. I also want to note that if I plug in my wired gaming headset, but have audio come through my airpods, when i open Sea Of Thieves, it sounds fine. I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with the input quality of my airpods. According to windows, my input is "tape recorder quality" for my airpods, and it sounds as bad as a tape recorder when I open a game. Also, the input volume is at 100, and when I open a multiplayer game, the volume immediately shoots up to 100. If I change the input volume, that is the volume that it will go to when I open SoT.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aidan Comer,

Thank you for your prompt response and truly appreciate for the additional information.

It appears that the type of audio input you are using during multiplayer does not suit well unlike using with compatible headset. The best approach for this is to contact your device manufacturer of your PC to check if they have updated driver for audio and Bluetooth available and see if this will help correct the issue you are experiencing with Airpods. Additionally, you can also check from your Airpods manufacturer support to check if the device is suitable for use during party chat in Xbox app.

We appreciate for bringing this concern to us. We hope that the information provided will help you find the resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aidan Comer,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

We would like to ask additional questions to help us isolate the issue.

1. How is your airpod connected to the PC? Is it through Bluetooth?

2. Does your airpod has a built-in microphone?

3. How is your Xbox controller connected to your Windows device? Is it wired or wireless?

It appears that the airpod is not suitable for multiplayer and party chat because when you use the wired headset, the audio just work fine. We have recommended headset that we can use for party chat to get better gaming experience. See: Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

Additionally, try different audio formats for party chat. See: Try different audio formats for party chat | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aidan Comer,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are having issue with audio during multiplayer game in your Windows device using your AirPods Pro 2nd Gen connected through Bluetooth. Let us check on what is causing the issue and provide troubleshooting steps to help resolve in a timely manner.

It is possible that your Bluetooth driver is outdated or needs an update because the problem is happening only when using wireless headphones. If we may ask, what is the version of Windows you are using? To check, press Windows key + R and type winver in the run dialog box and hit OK.

For the meantime, follow the steps provided in the link below that describe how to fix issue related to party chat audio on Windows.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted - Similar Threads - Everytime launch multiplayer

2. How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....: How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error. "Failed to link, contact support." Blah blah blah. Please help! f1fa2460-00ef-46c3-a360-aa24377c382f
  3. Everytime I make a group post on xbox I get kicked from my party, is there any fix I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I make a group post on xbox I get kicked from my party, is there any fix I have...: I have done everything to fix this issue and nothing worked. 3f6b7f95-808f-457d-874b-f19d5a0093ac
  4. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  5. Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.: I live in Slovakia. Can someone help? Thanks. 096dfaae-7f27-41ff-a9a4-a74994d82fec
  6. Hello Everytime I want to play GTA 5 it will not download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello Everytime I want to play GTA 5 it will not download: Will not work as other stuck on 64 percent Also it keeps saying installation stopped Device Xbox 1S d0f60099-23f8-453d-81a2-810cc67502a0
  7. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  8. Having to do a reset everytime I turn on Xbox s or stuck in sign in loop with code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having to do a reset everytime I turn on Xbox s or stuck in sign in loop with code: Having to do a reset everytime I turn on Xbox s or stuck in sign in loop with code. I have had the Xbox for 4 days, each night after I finish playing - I turn off console. When I turn it on the...
  9. Xbox Restarts Everytime

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Restarts Everytime: One day I turned on my Xbox One and it restarted. It kept doing this so I switched the HDMI cable but it still kept happening so I switched the power cable. Unfortunately it still kept restarting...
  10. Why do I have to reset my Xbox everytime I use it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to reset my Xbox everytime I use it??: Starting about 3 months ago, every time I turn on my series X, there is audio (I can hear the controller navigating the home screen), but there is no video until I perform a reset of the Xbox, at...