Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes...

Discus and support Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title states, I always seem to have an issue with my controllers having a broken right bumper without long time use. This is probably the 5th... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ullas H, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Ullas H
    Ullas H Guest

Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes...

As the title states, I always seem to have an issue with my controllers having a broken right bumper without long time use. This is probably the 5th time I've had this occur, and all times it's been the same issue: The right bumper loses all tactility one day (clicky-ness, feedback, etc) and then eventually just stops working all together. The only time the issue has been slightly different is the first instance where the left trigger also suffered the same issue. I've RMA'd 2 different controllers, 1 of which was a design lab controller. All controllers I've had with this issue are genuine Microsoft products, bought straight from the Xbox store. With this issue being so specific and so frequently reoccurring, I can only question if I'm doing something wrong for them to malfunction. I don't manhandle my controllers (no rage slams, throwing, etc), I only use them very lightly (2-4 hours per week) for 1 specific game (Rocket League). It's not even that the right bumper gets used exponentially more than the other buttons either, all buttons / triggers get used equally. So I'm very confused on why this issue keeps happening. Any insight would be nice because I hate having to re-RMA controllers only for them to break again.

:)

Ullas H, Sep 20, 2023
  2. Ullas H Win User

Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes within 3 months of getting the controller

Cliff,

I purchased all of my controllers from Microsoft. That is why I am asking on the forums for help. Since my controllers are out of warranty, is there any way to get them fixed?
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes within 3 months of getting the controller

I've had the same issue a similar number of times, although sometimes it's LB instead of RB. I've just had a replacement Elite Series 2 sent to me by MS cos the RB button stopped working on one I bought brand new at the end of May this year.

Sometimes it's the plastic bumper piece that breaks, leaving the bit you press misaligned with the underlying micro-switch. Sometimes the micro-switches themselves just wear out. I have repaired my own controllers several times, but replacing the micro-switches is not easy.

I just hope that when the next revision of controller comes out, it's more durable. I've been gaming since games consoles first came out and I've never had issues with controllers like I have with the Xbox One/Series ones. I don't think it's something you're doing. It's not like I have the grip strength of The Incredible Hulk. They just don't seem to last, even when used completely normally.
  4. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Ullas H

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

Thank you for reaching back to us, for now. Since your controllers are out of warranty. The option that we can recommend on you right now is there is an option to pay for services for your controllers that are out of warrant and you can refer on this link : Getting your Xbox device serviced.

That is the option that we can right now offer to you as well since your controllers are out of warranty, on that link as well. You can see the prices on how much it cost depending on which country you are in and as well as if you are in favor of that, you can submit a service order request, it will be as well be on the link provided too.

And if you are not in favor of this, then the option and recommendation that we will let you know is perhaps upgrade your controller or maybe as well purchase a new one since if there is still issues with it, then any hardware failures that lands on your controller is really a option to find a newer one or updated one.
  5. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Ullas H

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I do understand and we really appreciate on responding to this thread as well. As we have isolated on this that your controllers are out of warranty and isolated that you have not tried to take action on repair or replacement perhaps. What we can recommend for you now is that you can try to reach out onto where you had purchased your controllers like where you have purchased on the seller and try to ask for some advice and consultation on how to process a repair/replacement with your controller. Since we have seen that every purchase of your controller problems occurs right away and I understand that it is very inconvenient for you since I am a gamer myself and I really want to take things as good as it gets for me to get back to gaming again.

There is nothing wrong with trying, try to reach out to the seller of the controller where you have purchased it and ask for assistance on how to repair/replacement for those and if it has been done. You can just reach out here back with us if you do have feedback and we are glad to hear from you again.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Ullas H

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes... - Similar Threads - Every controller own

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  4. Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...: I have power cycled my controller and my Xbox around 3 times and i have updated the controller and it still is not working, I do not and cannot buy another controller and need help fixing it....
  5. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  6. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  7. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  8. Xbox 1 controller BSOD every time it connects. No avast

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 controller BSOD every time it connects. No avast: I am trying to connect an Xbox 1 controller to my windows computer, and each time it does a bluescreen with the error message IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I saw this question elsewhere stating that...
  9. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  10. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...