Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and...

Discus and support Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have contacted support several times about this issue and they gave many diffrent solutions, however none of them helped and I am dumbfounded at how... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mistahfunny, Aug 12, 2023.

1. mistahfunny
    mistahfunny Guest

Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and...

I have contacted support several times about this issue and they gave many diffrent solutions, however none of them helped and I am dumbfounded at how I have yet to find a solution to this. The game im trying to install is Yakuza 0 for Windows 10 and I can't find info on the error code at all (0x87e0000f). all the error says is that something unexcpected happened and that i should report this problem.

:)

mistahfunny, Aug 12, 2023
  2. mistahfunny Win User

Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and gives me an error, and this only happens with that game, other games install with no issues

I have done your suggested solutions several times already to no avail. However you brought up game or system file corruption. I have installed this game before and uninstalled it later. You think that might have something to do with the issue?
  3. CarTzy Win User

Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and gives me an error, and this only happens with that game, other games install with no issues

Hello mistahfunny,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues installing the game; this may be due to a network connection, game or system file corruption, or issues with the game servers. Let us further investigate this issue, and here are some troubleshooting steps that we can perform to try and fix it.

If this is only happening with one specific game, try checking the game developer's website to see if they are having an issue with the game server. Also check the game forums for identical issues as yours.

Some games also need specific ports to be opened to connect with their servers; try to check on the game site if this applies to the game that you are downloading.

Check Xbox Live Status and see if your region is affected by any outages.

Proceed with the troubleshooting below:

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update your Windows and device driversFor the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Having trouble installing EA Play games from the Xbox app for Windows?Try closing both the Xbox app and the EA app, and then relaunch the Xbox app.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Please see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. mistahfunny Win User

It is on the same drive as the OS

Insider program did not help

Neither did installing on an external drive

Windows 11 Pro OS 22621.2134
    Xbox app version 2307.1001.5.0

Gaming services version 13.78.12002.0
  5. mistahfunny Win User

Im sorry, none of these helped
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello mistahfunny,

I really cannot tell if that is causing it, but we can try making sure that there are no duplicate files or folders that may cause errors.

Delete out junk files computer via using run commands:

Open RUN then type each of the following commands, corresponding commands will open an folder then you need to delete the files on the folders.

[table][tr]
    temp
    [/tr][tr][td]
    %temp%
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    prefetch &amp
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    cleanmgr
    [/td][/tr][/table]

or you may check this answered thread by Andre Da Costa

Clearing the AppData folder and the temp files. - Microsoft Community

Then proceed to Open Command Prompt as admin, then run the commands one by one.

[table][tr]
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    [/tr][tr][td]
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /resetbase
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    SFC /scannow
    [/td][/tr][/table]
Thema:

1. Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and... - Similar Threads - Every try install

2. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  3. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  4. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  5. every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...: so every time i try to resume the download it just says ready to start then after like 10 seconds the download says installation paused 53e971de-e072-438a-8408-7b781fe1c9b8
  6. Getting game is corrupted error when I don’t have the game installed. Tried every option...

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting game is corrupted error when I don’t have the game installed. Tried every option...: Getting game is corrupted error when I don’t have the game installed. Tried every option possible. Not sure what else I could do. If somebody could please help I’d really appreciate it. I’ve tried...
  7. I can not install minecraft it says retry every time I try to install it PLS HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not install minecraft it says retry every time I try to install it PLS HELP: if the imagine doesn't pop up all it shows is something went wrong retry, e331608f-320a-4a91-8921-5427706af391
  8. 0x87e0000f error every time i try to install most games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x87e0000f error every time i try to install most games: Whenever i try to install a game, i get a 0x87e0000f error part way through - there is ample disc space and i have tried resetting already. Installing games through other services works totally...
  9. Disc two for new **** ultimate edition won't install it just say try again every time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc two for new **** ultimate edition won't install it just say try again every time: I tried to install new **** ultimate edition but it keeps saying that I have to try again or restart my xbox I've done both but still says that every time I'm not sure what to do....
  10. I try install an game from my disk and it stop at 23 percent every time i try to install it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try install an game from my disk and it stop at 23 percent every time i try to install it...: I tried almost everything and other games seems to install just fine but this one seems to have some kind of problem of installing it. The game im trying to install is Assassin's Creed The Ezio...