Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv....

Discus and support Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv. Why? How do I fix it? 8ba252ea-7837-477d-8418-3fe5dbed10e3 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Coakley, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Alex Coakley
    Alex Coakley Guest

Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv....

Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv. Why? How do I fix it?

:)

Alex Coakley, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv. Why? How do I fix it?

Hello, Alex my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

There could be several reasons why your Xbox disconnects from the TV when you try to play a game other than Fortnite. Here are some possible causes and solutions you can try:

Common causes:

HDMI cable issues: A faulty or damaged HDMI cable can cause intermittent connections and signal drops, leading to disconnects.

Incorrect HDMI settings: The wrong settings on your Xbox or TV, such as incorrect resolution or refresh rate, can create compatibility issues and cause disconnects.

Overheating: If your Xbox is overheating, it might shut down automatically as a safety precaution. This can happen if the console is not properly ventilated or if it's used in a hot environment.
    Software issues: Software bugs or glitches on your Xbox or TV can also lead to unexpected disconnects.

Solutions:

1. Check your HDMI cable:

Make sure the HDMI cable is firmly connected to both your Xbox and TV.
    Try using a different HDMI cable,
    preferably a high-speed certified cable.
    Check if there are any visible signs of damage on the cable, such as fraying or broken connectors.

2. Verify your HDMI settings:

Ensure your Xbox and TV are set to the same resolution and refresh rate.
    You can find these settings in the display settings of both devices.

Try changing the settings to 1080p and 60Hz to ensure compatibility.

3. Improve ventilation:

Ensure your Xbox is placed in a well-ventilated area.

Do not block the ventilation slots on the console.

Consider using a cooling fan if your Xbox tends to overheat.

4. Update your software:

Make sure your Xbox and TV have the latest software updates installed.
    You can install updates through the settings menu on both devices.

5. Perform a power cycle:

Turn off your Xbox and TV completely.
    Unplug the power cords for both devices for at least 30 seconds.

Plug the power cords back in and turn on the devices.

Additional tips:

Try using a different HDMI port on your TV.

Disable any unnecessary features on your Xbox, such as Instant-On mode.

Check the Xbox Live Service Status page to see if there are any reported outages.
    Consider resetting your Xbox to factory settings if all else fails.

By systematically troubleshooting these potential causes and implementing the suggested solutions, you should be able to identify the root of the problem and fix your Xbox's disconnect issue.

Remember to be patient and try different solutions until you find one that works for you.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Mandalore60 Win User

Disconnecting from Xbox Live every 5-10 minutes

Further information: It is only the xbox that is disconnecting. My PC remains connected at all times (I never disconnect during games on the pc), Netflix on the television does not disconnect, nothing else other than the xboxs.
  4. ShaneLeitzen Win User

Forza horizon 4

In other online games like bo4, warzone, fortnite, pubg, gta (don't have gta anymore) always ran so smooth like wooden floor. No disconnects either on those other games. I have fh4 on gamepass not sure if that may be a reason y...but yes it disconnects
    every 5-10 mins and it is even worse when in in convoy like it disconnects every 2mins when I'm in convoy and I'm getting sick and tired of going to my friends profile just to join back on them.
  5. Lockeness-1677068D-6 Win User

Randomly Disconnected from xbox live when not on dashboard. Lag out of almost every game, especially when two xboxs are both playing

I reset back to factory default, and UPnP is enabled

It disconnects just as much if not more than before.

Netflix disconnects, lag out of every game, and reconnects if I dashboard.

My xbox even froze a few times, which is new
  6. Randver Win User

can u use xbox 1 without kinnect and voice commands?

I disconnected my Kinect after the second day and it works fine without it.

You'll need to log in manually but other than that the controller is quicker for dashboard navigation and it works the first time every time.
Thema:

1. Every time I try clicking on a game other than Fortnite, my Xbox disconnects for the tv.... - Similar Threads - Every try clicking

2. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  3. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  4. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  5. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  6. Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...: Can someone help me with this but I tried restarting my console, turning it off for hours at a time but it won’t sign me in. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  7. every time i try to join an xbox party, it gets stuck with a connecting glitch and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    every time i try to join an xbox party, it gets stuck with a connecting glitch and...: i’ve tried unplugging the router for ten minutes and power cycling my xbox and changing internets and nothing has worked yet cd93cf86-5ec5-47ae-8ae1-cb0c0178207b
  8. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  9. Every time i try to log into the cloud threw my gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time i try to log into the cloud threw my gamepass: So I have 2 profiles and 1 gamepass for my wife and I but now we have 2 boxes to play when she goes to play under her name it says failure to log into email account because there is another...
  10. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...