Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...

Discus and support Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I will turn on my Xbox series x and after a minute or two of it running it will automatically shut off. My xbox will run after I do a keep games and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Randall Hall, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Randall Hall
    Randall Hall Guest

Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...

I will turn on my Xbox series x and after a minute or two of it running it will automatically shut off. My xbox will run after I do a keep games and apps reset on the console but will do the same thing once shut off again.

:)

Randall Hall, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off after a minute or two, how do I fix this?

Hi Randall H, my name is Daniel and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry that you are going through this problem, when an Xbox turns off after 30 seconds or immediately after turning on it is possible that there is some internal error, in any case I suggest you follow these steps.

Make sure your Xbox is adequately ventilated. The Xbox Series Check that there is nothing blocking the console's vents and that the room it is in is well ventilated.

Check the power supply. Make sure the power supply is properly connected to both the wall outlet and the Xbox, and that the outlet is working properly. You can also try using a different outlet or power strip to see if that makes a difference.

Update your Xbox software. Sometimes software updates can fix bugs or other issues that could be causing problems with your console. To check for updates, go to the “Settings” menu, then select “System,” then “console information and updates,” and then select “check for updates.”

Restart the Xbox. If none of these suggestions help, you can try resetting your Xbox to see if that solves the problem. To reset your Xbox, go to the "Settings" menu, then select "System," then "console information and updates," and then select "reset console."

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/247bf5e7-8d6c-411f-b7f6-d41442d5ff21

I hope this information is useful for you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. NainaBug Win User

Xbox One Random shutdown issues

I'm experiencing the same issues. My system was working fine for the first few weeks but when I start playing it today, it keeps shutting off. Every time I'm 5 minutes into the game the system will shut off. And there would be a few times when after it shuts
    off, I will turn it back on and it will shut off a second later. It will do this like 5 times until it turns completely on. I hardly was playing my Xbox one. I probably played it 10 times since I bought it.
  4. asudevils1 Win User

Error 8027025A - Games on Xbox One won't start after most recent firmware update on 8/1/2016 to Contana

Not sure about everyone else, but I still continued to have issues with this.

The reset only resolved the issue temporarily... had to constantly reset my information every time I shut off the console.

I tried everything I can to resolve this issue... I'm going to turn it in for service/repairs.

I hope everyone else has better luck with this error.
  5. Kamu83Black Win User

Issues with Ori and the Will of the Wisps Install/Uninstall

this morning from my console every time i started the game it shut off my console, after a couple of time it solved itself
  6. EWalk9 Win User

My xbox one keeps crashing eveytime i start a game of modern warfare

Yup, I play on an old TV with only 720p capabilities, and my console still shuts off randomly. Factory reset done and everything, didn't fix anything. Not just on COD either, every game I play, the console shuts off. Would love to know a workaround.
Thema:

1. Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off... - Similar Threads - Every start reset

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up.: Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up. 5e8fc39a-7da8-4bec-bc47-78c4247d67e9
  4. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  5. every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...: so every time i try to resume the download it just says ready to start then after like 10 seconds the download says installation paused 53e971de-e072-438a-8408-7b781fe1c9b8
  6. every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from...: every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from the beginning, this are games that i have on physical copies, the games are installed on the internal...
  7. Every time i try and start cloud gaming it kicks me back to my menu screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time i try and start cloud gaming it kicks me back to my menu screen: It was working this morning now whenever I start cloud gaming it takes me back to my menu screen. Other games I don't have on cloud such as gta5 are still working. So I know it's not an ultimate...
  8. Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just...: Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just resets the download 0d06748e-39eb-4873-ad88-026a668be9d3
  9. how can I turn off the auto turn on of the xbox every time I start my controller/headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    how can I turn off the auto turn on of the xbox every time I start my controller/headset?: I want to use my headset for my phone and my xbox controller to play games on my pc but every time when I start my controller or headset to use them they also start my console. Is there any way to...
  10. my xbox series x is glitching every time i try to start up a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x is glitching every time i try to start up a game: every time I try to play a game the screen glitches on start up I tried multiple different games and all ended the same way. the screen would get stuck c1e796ab-a63a-446d-9a4c-488dc19326ee