Every time I start HW2, says "controller disconnected"

Discus and support Every time I start HW2, says "controller disconnected" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Only with HW2 (XB1), when I start the game, in the upper right corner is a box says: "WARNING Your controller has been disconnected". I then have to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Talamascan12, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Talamascan12
    Talamascan12 Guest

Only with HW2 (XB1), when I start the game, in the upper right corner is a box says: "WARNING Your controller has been disconnected". I then have to hit the Xbox menu button, turn off the controller and hit the Xbox menu button again to restart the controller.
    Is this a common issue? Is there something I'm not doing? It only happens with HW2. Started with the last patch.

:)

Talamascan12, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Nike Fleece
    Nike Fleece Guest
    My Xbox keeps disconnecting from live

Every time I entry up my Xbox I put in my disc game and it always says "play game" I press a then once it loads up its a black screen for 5-10 seconds then I get a notification saying "disconnected from Xbox live".I can connect to Xbox live easily it's
    just that once I start my games I get disconnected,I can play my arcade games and other downloads just not disc games.How do I stop this from happening?

Nike Fleece, Apr 25, 2017
  3. JoshTasaico
    JoshTasaico Guest
    X1 Desperate Help !!

I'll start up a game and in about 5 minutes or so my controller disconnects. I've figured out that every time I see my controller disconnect, that live actually disconnects as well. Does anyone know how the controller and live are related? I need a fix desperately!! I never had the problem before only started about a month ago. Don't know why I'm getting disconnected from live

JoshTasaico, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there!

If you connect your controller via USB cable, do you still experience disconnects? Do you have another controller you can try? Take a peek at our

controller disconnection
    guide and work through the troubleshooting steps listed there to see if that helps any.

Let us know how it goes! Every time I start HW2, says "controller disconnected" :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Apr 26, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there!

If you connect your controller via USB cable, do you still experience disconnects? Do you have another controller you can try? Take a peek at our

controller disconnection
    guide and work through the troubleshooting steps listed there to see if that helps any.

Let us know how it goes! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  6. Fallen4576 Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Every time I start up forward horizon 4, it just won't let me press A to start the game and then It says controller disconnected on my Xbox series s, what can I do to fix it?
  7. TimHorras1 Win User

Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected via USB C one slight nudge and it will disconnect. Any Fixes/Help?

Same issue as others; brand new Carbon Black controller setup via Bluetooth. Randomly disconnects during gameplay. Works fine but every 10 minutes or so it starts blinking and I get a message on screen saying the controller is disconnected, please use mouse and keyboard. Very disappointing.
  8. cdaking360 Win User

call of duty black ops 2 online mutyplayer not working

I need help every time I start black ops 2 and play multiplayer it says that I have been disconnected from Xbox live
  9. BigGuyBest Win User

Controller Disconnection

I indeed did update the controller, and it still disconnected time to time. And actually now that I think about it, both the controller that I just bought, and the controller that came with the xbox just recently started disconnecting time to time.
Thema:

1. Every time I start HW2, says "controller disconnected" - Similar Threads - Every start HW2

2. Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up.: Every time I record a clip of any game on my Xbox One S it starts to lock up. 5e8fc39a-7da8-4bec-bc47-78c4247d67e9
  3. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  4. every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...: so every time i try to resume the download it just says ready to start then after like 10 seconds the download says installation paused 53e971de-e072-438a-8408-7b781fe1c9b8
  5. every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from...: every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from the beginning, this are games that i have on physical copies, the games are installed on the internal...
  6. Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...

in XBoX on Windows
    Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...: I will turn on my Xbox series x and after a minute or two of it running it will automatically shut off. My xbox will run after I do a keep games and apps reset on the console but will do the same...
  7. Every time i try and start cloud gaming it kicks me back to my menu screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time i try and start cloud gaming it kicks me back to my menu screen: It was working this morning now whenever I start cloud gaming it takes me back to my menu screen. Other games I don't have on cloud such as gta5 are still working. So I know it's not an ultimate...
  8. Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just...: Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just resets the download 0d06748e-39eb-4873-ad88-026a668be9d3
  9. how can I turn off the auto turn on of the xbox every time I start my controller/headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    how can I turn off the auto turn on of the xbox every time I start my controller/headset?: I want to use my headset for my phone and my xbox controller to play games on my pc but every time when I start my controller or headset to use them they also start my console. Is there any way to...
  10. my xbox series x is glitching every time i try to start up a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x is glitching every time i try to start up a game: every time I try to play a game the screen glitches on start up I tried multiple different games and all ended the same way. the screen would get stuck c1e796ab-a63a-446d-9a4c-488dc19326ee